"Look just tell him. Then you won't hold that guilt back." Offering advice to the girl who was already packing up.

"It isn't that easy."

"Haley, if you don't say anything he'll just find out on his own." Trying to persuade her to tell Nathan the truth. "Then that won't make your case any better."

She sighed before looking at her friend. "I know. Just don't say anything okay?" He looked at her with disappointment before silently agreeing. "Thank you. Okay well, I'm going to go but just study over those notes I gave you and it should give you a better understanding." She said before walking away and leaving him to finish up his stuff.

"Andrew," Making the teen lookup to see Nathan in the entrance before walking further in.

"Oh hey Nate, how are things going?" Andrew said as he put his books and papers away in his bag.

"Not great." He responded before sighing and asking the question he wanted to know, "Is Haley here?"

"No, you just missed her she just left maybe ten minutes ago." He answered before raising his head to take notice that Nathan was holding something. "What's that?" motioning to the stack of paper the other teen had in his hand.

"Messages." He plainly responded before giving more details. "From Chris, he's been emailing Haley and she's been responding. Look," Handing off the papers to Andrew.

He scanned through them seeing the responses from Haley, with furrowed brows since the messages didn't sound like her. But it also doesn't seem like her to share a kiss with Chris Keller and not tell her husband. "So you're gonna ask her about them?" He asked getting a nod in response. "Good luck with that. I'm pretty sure there is a reasonable explanation for this." Lying through his teeth as he passed the papers back to him.

"Well, it better be a damn good one." Nathan scoffed. "See you later , Andrew." He said in an unenthusiastic tone as he slowly left the room.

Damn it, Haley!

Was the thought that came through his mind after seeing Nathan's complete mood.

═════ ◈ ═════

"Where are you going?" A voice questioned right when Andrew was to walk out the door.

The two hardly spare any words to each other. David tried to contain his anger not because he was trying to become a better person because he didn't want his wife to see that side. As the teenager tried to avoid any interactions with the man since it seemed like he was walking on eggshells every time they had a conversation despite the last exchange between them.

"I was about to go help a friend with something for school." He informed, seeing the disapproval radiating in the room from him. Andrew decided to try and make his case better. "It's for-"

"You can't go." His father said which made the son just look shocked and taken back from the statement.

"Dad it's important." Trying to plead his case as his father just walked away and continued with what he was doing.

"Andrew, you come and go. What type of Dad am I when I don't even know when my son leaves. I don't even see you that often anymore." Hearing those words lit something in the young boy's mind.

"You leave on business trips and if it's not that you're taking a vacation with your wife. I'm here dad just not on your schedule." The boy argued with his voice remaining the same level. 

David paused before walking to his son which made the boy step back in fear. "I work Andrew and you're saying that the reason we don't spend time is because of me. You are lucky that Leah is upstairs or so help me, you wouldn't even get another word in." The man spat at his son. "You are not going out and it's not up for discussion." He stated before walking away as if nothing happened.