2

Whitty walked round the room with glasses and placed two on each of the four tables. Whilst the couch was shared by Whitty, Carol (who were a steady couple), Nikusa and Agoti (who'd arrived together), the black and white checkered sofa chair was occupied by Ruv and Sarv (who were a couple) and the pink and blue flowered chair by Tabi and Ayana (who'd arrived together).
Filling each of the glasses carefully with a small splash of lemonade, Carol sat down with her own glass and said, 'I'm ravenous. And since it's just gone one, shall we help ourselves to some food?'

Each of the friends sat down at the table and they began to prepare sandwiches for themselves until they decided it was time to eat. Sarv and Ruv, who had made each other sandwiches, were particularly disgusted by the contents of theirs. For Sarv, an avocado, poached egg and ham sandwich, which Sarv didn't really enjoy the look of. But Sarv bit into it anyway, giving Ruv a thumbs up before sprinting over to the bin and spitting it out and rinsing her mouth behind her hand. And for Ruv, a tomato, whipped cream, almond, watermelon and blueberry sandwich. Ruv looked at it, then at Sarv. The team were looking at Ruv with looks of pure disgust on their faces whilst Sarv was coming over to sit at the table from the sink with a large grin on her face. Ruv struggled a smile and peered over at the others, shaking his head with a slight giggle. He took a small bite of it before settling it down and saying, 'you know what, I had a big breakfast!'

'You can have a goujon?' asked Agoti, handing over a plate of chicken goujons over to Sarv who held them out to Ruv.

'I think I've lost my appetite,' he choked. Everyone laughed, including Ruv.