"Then what about the flower—this glowing gladiolus... What is it really? Why am I seeing the scenarios with it as a medium?"

"This flower....I don't really know what is the true mystery and purpose of this gladiolus. Why it glows....I'm certain the owner of it knows what's its worth and what it means. But as a lingering memory and wish that slowly faded into time, I cannot answer that question, my boy. I am sorry. But for sure, you will find your answer."

"How about the owner...who is the owner of this flower? Is the owner the same with the very person I see etched in black in the scenarios?"

"I...cannot remember the name of the owner any longer. But I know that she is my granddaughter and I love her very much. All I wanted for her life was to be happy and to live the way she wanted. But up until now, since I am still a lingering presence here, I can assume it is still unfulfilled and she is still troubled by her own thoughts. The poor child entrapped by her own doings." The granny spoke with visible sadness in her tone.

"The scenarios...what are they exactly? What is their purpose? I've seen quite a number of them and I still don't understand what they're getting at. Why are they incomprehensible? And why is the core of this- this story etched in black? Why am I being kept in the dark?"

"My dear," She called, the image of a person she appeared to be looking into my eyes with pity and grief, "it only means that...the bigger picture itself does not want you to know its secrets. Even I, as someone who only knows a fraction of what's happening here, cannot really say anything relevant. As for the scenarios...they are teases. It is a test to see how far you are willing to dig deep into the very core mystery of this flower. But beware, my child. Consequences will follow...because this flower is a curse to the owner."

The scene faded to black and so did the image of the man seated at the bench. I was back in the black space with a few concerns out of the way. Some were answered but more questions came. The flower...how is it a curse? What does this glowing gladiolus symbolize truly?

Before my thoughts continued on, I noticed how I remained asleep in reality and I was still in the black space. What else am I going to see?

Upon asking such a question in my mind, the space transformed into a library. In that library, soft sobbing could be heard at the side of a shelf. I did not inhabit a body once again so I went over to the person who was crying. As I moved closer, the voice became more distorted making it hard to make out a specific identity for the person. I found a crying kid who seemed to be hiding by the book shelf whose head was hidden by her arms. Instead of the whole body being colored black, this time, it was only the head that was covered.

For some reason, I bent a knee to kneel down to take a look at the child. There were burn marks from cigar and bruises that came from something that seemed like a whiplash-or a belt. It seems like the man from before was right about the child being abused in her early ages which would then grow up to be the monster that bit them back twice as harsh. At that moment of realization, I could only feel pity and sadness for her. If only her parents weren't so obsessed with money and power...If only they cared about their daughter more.

The crying suddenly stopped and the girl clenched her hand. I suddenly felt a different kind of anger in her which sent a chill in my spine. At that moment, she raised her head and for a brief second- I saw her eyes.

And I woke up at that very moment and forgot what color of the eyes she had. I messed up my hair in frustration and threw the blankets aside.

Why? What is the purpose of teasing me with these fragmented scenarios? Why can't I know the whole truth right away?