Chapter 10: Raphael

Start from the beginning

"I got caught up in traffic" I lied studying her beautiful face and the cute screen glasses she had on. For a moment there, looking at her made me forget all my worries and I approach her desk. "So, what now?" I asked in an attempt to flirt with her.

She didn't bother acknowledging me "sit over there" she gesture towards another smaller desk at a far corner in the room. The desk was empty except for a few pens in a plastic cup.

"I'm staying in your office?" Not that I'm complaining.

"You have a problem with that?"

Sometimes I hated the way she doesn't look at me when she talks. I wanted to see those lovely brown eyes.

"No I don't. In fact, I think we can really carry out a lot of work in here. Maybe something much better than business"

I finally got her attention with that statement and I grin in victory. Maybe I can just go on flirting with her just to get her attention.

She stared at me coldly "just so you know Mr Romero, I won't tolerate any improper and unwanted advances from you. Our relationship in this office will remain strictly professional and formal, I as your teacher and you as my student"

Damn, she's so bossy! I gotta admit, Its turning me on. Its really difficult to picture this gorgeous specimen as Nelly Reuben. The change was just too much.

"I have an idea" I smirk leaning towards her from across the table. She didn't move back and just kept on looking at me like I was a commoner who wasn't worth her time "maybe I can make this tutoring shit easier for you if you agree to go on a date with me"

She raised a brow in question "and how would you make it easier for me?"

I smiled mischievously "for one, I can promise to focus on your teaching and not flirt with you, which isn't something I usually do with my previous tutors"

She rolled her pretty little eyes at me and brought her attention back to her computer "I see you're delusional Mr Romero. As I said before, your dad did not pay me to go on a date with you, and if you choose not to focus on my teachings, you alone will bear the consequences"

I snorted "and what are the consequences? You're gonna tell on me so my dad would scold me about my laziness and ignorance? That shit isn't new" that was usually what the previous tutors result to when I refuse to pay even the tiniest bit of interest in all what they taught me. They go running to my dad like little kids to tell on me. Its kind of annoying.

"I don't need to tell on you" she said, taking me by surprise "if you refused to be an attentive student, then I will quit the job immediately. I won't waste my time making complaints to your dad, and anyway, I believe I can handle you on my own"

I raise a brow in amusement. Would she get anymore interesting?

"And how would you handle me?"

"That's for me to know" she said in a dismissive tone and changed the subject "If you would please take a sit, I'll attend to you when I'm done with this"

All her attention was on her work now and it was kind of annoying. Nevertheless, I choose to stop flirting and walked over to my desk and sat on it.

I was curious as to why she hasn't brought up the topic of her being Nelly Reuben and why isn't she cursing at me for being among the people who made her life miserable?

Maybe she just doesn't remember me.

I shook my head at the thought. That's impossible, of course she remembers me. If she was able to remember Justin then there was no way she forgot about me, and besides, I'm too gorgeous to be forgotten so easily.