Ent. 1

A year and half ago.

At Surabachi, a suburban town. There were few establishments built in its capital although it's populated. The government is strict in its product's import and export thus the prosperity of the place is slower than its past government.

In a small built cottage few meters away from the latte cafe. A group of people were chatting clamorously.

" It's been a year since we started our band and we seemed to be getting nowhere though----just kidding!"
Tachihara, the vocalist and guitarist blurted as he winked teasingly at Chuuya.

But the other simply smirked and wave a coupon at his face.

" Oh, is that the entrance ticket to the biggest club at Surabachi center? "
Ryu, the pianist of the band surprisingly asked.

" Well, it's gonna be connection, no?"
Chuuya nonchalantly stated until Tachihara's expression turned stern.

" What shady business is that, Chuuya-san??"

And this time,  it's Gin ,the drummer of the band who explained how did they managed to get the ticket. It was actually from a part-time job they luckily landed at the Dawn club located in Surabachi center.

" And it's not just an entrance ticket to the club but a gig!"

" Hey, should we get a manager?"
Ryu suddenly uttered amidst the exclaiming other members. At once, they all turned to him, Chuuya and Gin with the serious face but Tachihara with an amused face.

" Somehow, that sounds nice."

" Only if we could get more gig and turn famous though."

...............

8 pm at Dawn Club.

The group bustled in settling their instruments in the platform and nonstoply checking it. It took them almost twenty minutes to prepare but until they're finally ready and a staff called them to standby more due to the club's sudden circumstances. 

Several minutes passed until the staff went back to them and told them it's all okay to proceed.

" Sorry it took so long. Your band's name again?"

"Night PM "

" Alright. Please proceed."

The Dawn Club is the most famous night club in Surabachi town. The interior of the club was lightly old-fashioned and the ceiling where turned into murals of beautiful floral arts. There are open tables and private tables divided through folded screens. There's a bar stall as well and near is the elevated platform where performers like bands or singers performed.

It isn't too crowded of customers at night since it's weekdays. The band has chosen to perform some acoustic style like a serenade. And it wasn't long like two hours and they're finally finished. A resonating claps resounded from the crowd as they took off from the platform.

" Somehow, that's a little nerve-wracking gig. "
Gin commented, as she was overwhelmed not by the quantity of people but by the quality of people who had watched and listened to them since the club is by far the most popular club always visited by most rich people to drink or chill.

Meanwhile. Chuuya and his band members fixed their stuffs and were ready to leave. After having their instruments be delivered ahead of them but the manager of the club suddenly called them to prevent them from leaving.

Wondering what's wrong, Chuuya asked but the manager only smiled indifferently as they were told that someone was awed by their gig that they would want to meet them personally at one of the private rooms of the club.

" Really? Sure, we are coming together, right? "
Tachihara cheerfully replied as the manager nodded. Without ado, they were directed to one of the private rooms of the club. But upon entering the long and winding hallway of the area, a scent wafted in the air. At once the group were stopped and disturbed.

" Hey, Gin? Are you alright?"
Ryu quickly asked Gin who stumbled on her feet as she wretchedly covered her nose from inhaling the obscene scent that lingered in the air.

Gin is an alpha while her older brother Ryu is a beta. Betas are more likely deemed as ones who doesn't have secondary gender because they're not binded by the physical instincts unlike Alphas and Omegas.

Betas can smell pheromones but nothing like an arousal nor urge to copulate trigger unto them. However, in terms of reproduction hierarchy in the society, betas aren't likely in demand, the society's obsessed with alphas being with their own kind or being with an omega since mating with an omega has the highest possibility of having an exemplary alpha offspring even betas wanted to mate with an omega in hopes of these chance yet it matters to the other party, omega's heat can't subside if they copulate with a beta. In most cases, even if omegas create relationship with a beta yet in no time it falls apart as they're incompatible in bed or helpless during heat cycles when suppressants no longer work.

" Club manager, this is getting shady..."
Annoyed. Chuuya spoke as he immediately collared the manager but the other quickly apologized to them.

" No, there was indeed someone who wants to see you. And these pheromones in the air must be from---"

"  You meant the scent seeped out from some other rooms, huh? You should manage properly this place to control the lingering pheromones. "
Tachihara, who is an omega interrupted and pulled Chuuya away from the manager.

" Hey, aren't you affected?"
Chuuya asked the one who pull him off.

" This much is a piece of cake, y'know. How about you, Chuuya-san?"
Grinning ever so lightly, Tachihara asked back. And Chuuya knitted his brows then shrugged his shoulders.

" Sometimes, I thought what if I'm actually a beta? "

" Hey, even a beta can smell pheromones from alphas and omegas but you can't, right? That isn't about your secondary gender but from an unknown circumstances of your body's constitution, we took the test together years ago and we both came off as omega. That was no mistake. "
Tachihara rebutted and Chuuya remained with his frowning expression until the other chuckled,

" Cease that cute expression, Chuuya-san~ You look sexually frustrated and I felt oblige to take responsibility. "
Teasingly, Tachihara as well leaned close to Chuuya's face but was harshly pushed away by Chuuya's hand.

" Cut it out. And hey, Ryu, you better just take Gin home. I and Tachihara will manage. "
Reeling to the Akutagawa siblings and he demanded for them to leave already. The siblings agreed and directly left while the club manager suddenly said that they've arrived.

They are facing the front door of a room. The manager told them that someone wanting to meet them personally is on the other side of the door and it's only them who can enter inside.

" Chuuya stay close to me in case a bunch of bastards welcome us inside."
Grinning again, Tachihara confidently spoke. And unexpectedly, the scowling face of Chuuya changed into one of a devious face, he gave Tachihara a piercing sideway glance as he replied,

" It's you who should get behind me in case. Have you forgotten my old habits? "

" Tsk! Old habits, you say? It didn't die on you though, don't call it old habits. That's why, we can't get a manager because you wouldn't hesitate to punch them when you're agitated. I told you, stay behind me so I could fend them off from you. "
Tachihara stubbornly expressed as Chuuya only smirked then twisted and pushed open the doorknob. He went in first.

"Must be nice to be unbound by physical instincts when you're supposed to."
Tachihara thought inwardly. He took a deep breathe as he calmed himself, it was a lie stating that he's not affected by the scent awhile. The pheromones who lingered in the air was quite strong for him, he felt nauseous yet he pretended to be all fine.  Without ado, he followed Chuuya inside.

---------------

Ent. 1 End.