↳ chapter thirteen: 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯.

Start from the beginning

"Is there a specific reason, Toji?" He could only muster out a sign, his toned abs becoming more prominent as he stood straighter, rolling his eyes as he didn't have time to listen to you question him. He hated providing answers, as he wasn't one to be interrogated.

"Am I not allowed to take my son to an amusement park?" You hesitantly shrug his words off, only to turn to him again, after you halted your movement to let Megumi move into a better-suited position.

"I never said you weren't, Mr Fushiguro. I just wanted to know why you all of a sudden have a change of heart? Megumi didn't even have the chance to ask you yet." His brows crease at your words, his anger radiating heavily onto you, causing you to wonder why each little word you spewed fed into his untamed anger.

What was his anger going to feed now? His need to point a gun at your forehead again?

"My son deserves the best. If I can give it to him, I will." You mentally facepalm yourself, questioning why he hadn't purchased Megumi the Toca Boca unlocked version. Or, more Robux so he gets two stories and advanced placing on bloxburg. He wanted you to build him a house.

Or, on a deadlier note, why he was okay with shooting people in the same place his son occupied? The house was ample, but it was an illusion when it came to sound. All bullets that were freed, seemed to be more amplified, allowing the noise to circle back to you, providing a subtle ringing sound to set foot in the territory inside of your ears.

"This isn't to sound harsh, but would you be able to buy him his favourite game unlocked, and Robux? The kid has worked so hard this whole week, would you at least let him have this one thing, aside from taking him out?" Toji remains in stillness as he shifts his eyes to Megumi. His expression is unfathomable, putting a show on in front of your eyes as you didn't want him to displease Megumi, even though you didn't want to spoil him.

Megumi didn't like being spoiled, drowned in gifts he knew he wouldn't cherish, but this time, you knew it was necessary, it was only under fifteen pounds. "After. I need you to help him get ready, and yourself, so we can leave soon. If you are slow, I won't hesitate to leave you behind,"

"Okay, I'll be done soon. I just want Megumi to rest up a little bit more. He's really tired." You both exchange a bitter look to another, out of habitual practices.

"Let him sleep in for half an hour, I'll be back soon," With his few words, he leaves the room, leaving you not an ounce of space to submit a question.

A question you wish you had let free: did you put a blanket over me and Megumi?

You wanted to ask him, but what purpose would it serve? It would perhaps feed into the man's ego, supporting his cockiness further than you had once before — his superior complex made you hold further hatred for him. The man was hard to reason with, unless it benefitted him. The man was an aware narcissist, the worst kind to taint the soil and roots of the sterile earth you had set a foundation on.

Half an hour had skimmed by, not a single sound except choppy snores passed Megumi's lips. You didn't want to entertain the thought of making him mad by awakening him, you couldn't bring yourself to look at his sleepy eyes. But, he wanted to go to an amusement park, to build on his memories with you and his father, so you tapped him with lightness, using minimal force to wake him from his slumber that kept his balanced energy dormant. Megumi stirs against your chest, his raven eyes eager to meet the lightness of the room, despite the burn that bloomed against his eyes.

"Y/n, are you ready to get ready? Do you remember the promise you made to me? The one where we were going to go a few days ago?" Megumi says in gentleness, rubbing his eyes as he glances at you, only to collapse on your chest again as he adored the warmth that was provided by it.