New World

It's not everyday you that you have the chance to wake up in your favorite game.

Well, not everyday since it's not completely possible.

No one has ever woken up in a video game for the record.. except Y/N.

"AHHH!" You screamed as your eyes landed on the mirror in front of you.

Your eyes widened. You see a different face looking back at you, his onyx eyes widened too.

Wait, you don't remember having black eyes and brown hair..

You pinched your cheek and winced at the slight pain. Out of instinct, you rubbed the red mark that's visible on your cheek.

It's not fake, after all! What, how is this possible? Yeah, it did weird you out when you woke up in an oddly familiar bedroom but now this crap?

Then, something clicked.

MC had brown hair, you mused. Yeah, you remembered the MC's hair color from Sayori's hugging scene.

Is this.. Doki Doki Literature Club? It explains why you had woken up in a somehow familiar bedroom.

What can you do in this world?

Access the controls? Maybe that could work. You furrowed your eyebrows and squinted your eyes and tried to think of the game files but to no avail.

You tried it once again and it gave the same result. You sighed, exasperated.

"Am I trapped here?" You hear yourself whisper. Your new voice sounds a little raspier and higher than your original's but that's okay as long as you can talk.

You can't access the game files. How are you supposed to get out? You'll find a way somehow, you thought as you clenched your fists.

Wait, can Monika access it? Or is she not self-aware yet..?

What about the other girls? You can save them, of course. The major cause of them killing themselves is because of Monika's doing.

So much to think about, it makes your brain hurt.

Now, that leaves you thinking about what to do in your new world.

Ah shit, school!

You almost forgot. Immediately you bolted in your room, silently hoping that you aren't late. Your eyes skimmed over the digital clock's screen.

6:45 AM.

15 more minutes?! Damn, you've been spacing out for too long. You rummaged inside MC's closet. You heaved a sigh of relief when you saw a clean uniform set.

Thank god.

After wearing your uniform, you ran downstairs to get a snack and saw a sticky note on the fridge that caught your eye.

You raised an eyebrow before starting to read it.

"Hello Y/N. It's me MC. I know you've been wondering how did you get in my world and stuff but I wanted to let you know that a glitch occurred and we switched places somehow.

I coded this sticky note on the fridge since I don't really know how to code that much. Well if I tried doing anything reckless, it might break the game.

Don't want it to ruin the game, ey? I just wanted to inform you that this timeline is right before Monika started the Literature Club.

The game reseted and it kinda rewinded a bit, I guess? I have no idea. I have a suspicion it's because of the glitch. Anyhow, good luck.

P.S, Just in case you're lost, you just walk straight, pass 5 houses, then turn left and you'll spot the school. My class is 3-A."

How thoughtful, MC.

You saved me from a lot of trouble.

You tore your eyes away from the refrigerator and bolted outside without forgetting to unlock the door.

As you're making your way to your school, you wonder,

What will await you?