Cupid Struck His Arrow

There are no cupids in the Museum of Natural History, right?

    Wrong.

    On Larry's second day as a nightguard, things were very chaotic. Adding cupids into the mix was even worse. Now, Larry had to make sure the cupids stayed in their new exhibits. If Larry remembers right, Teddy told him that most exhibits, when they first came to life, continued to do their jobs until they got used to the fact they are, indeed, a museum exhibit.
    Unfortunately for Larry, Dexter, that annoying little monkey who's a major thorn in his side, had stolen his keys. How would he lock them up now?

The answer was: he wouldn't.
    "Yer a really feisty one, Roman!"
    "Same to you, cowboy!"
Larry had them promise that if they behaved, they would get freedom. The man didn't know, however, that promises were sometimes broken.
    The cupids found their ways to the hall of dioramas fairly easily. When they saw the commotion, they immediately thought: All is fair in love and war. One of the cupids spotted the little leaders and decided that if they were going to make peace, they would have to start with the leaders.
    The cupid swiftly took out his bow and arrow. It noticed that it was too big, so he took a smaller bow out and aimed at the cowboy.
    "Ow!! What in Sam Hill-" Jedediah was cut off by dizziness. He glanced up at the Roman who was holding him by the collar of his shirt. All thoughts were pushed aside, except for the ones about Octavius, who was right in front of him.

    He smiled. It's like he forgot everything else. Jedediah had forgotten even his name. "Well, hello there, darlin'." He said in a flirtatious tone.
    The Roman glared daggers at the man in front of him. "What has gotten into you? Is this a trick of some sort?" He said, blush creeping up into his face before finally settling on his cheeks. Octavius suddenly felt very warm.
    "The only trick is you bein' so handsome, sir."
Octavius let Jedediah go just as Larry walked into the room. And they were rivals, but that didn't mean he didn't care about his esteemed rival. Who else would he battle every other night? "Uh- guard!" He cried into the crowd.
    The nightguard came over, careful not to step on anyone. "What is it, Octavius?"
    "Well uh," he paused, turning Jedediah over to Larry. "Something is wrong with him."
The giant winced. "Yeeah, I can see that.. Could you guys come with me?"
    Octavius nodded. He let himself and Jedediah be picked up by the large man.
Larry gently placed Jedediah and Octavius onto the desk.
"Alright, I'm just gonna say it," the guard started. "Jed has been struck by a cupid's arrow. Which one? I'm not entirely sure yet. But that one is going to be locked in his exhibit for a while."
    "Cupid's arrow?" Octavius queried. "But we don't have any cupids in the museum?"
Larry sighed. "They were just added today-" Just then, Larry heard a crash coming from outside the security room.   "Octavius? Could you watch over Jed while I deal with Rexy?"
The Roman nodded. If he had to watch over the barbarian, he would do it if it meant he got his sparring buddy back.
"Alright. Thanks Octavius."

"Don't worry my esteemed rival! Larry will be back and then we may spar again!" Octavius said in a cheery voice.

Octavius's voice made Jedediah long for touch. Nothing.. Inappropriate, just things like cuddling or holding hands.
    Boy, was Jedediah tired.
    "Heya, 'Vius?" Jedediah tried to say Octavius's name, but he was so tired, it came out as 'Vius'.
    "Yes, Jedediah?" He replies.
    "'M sleepy. Can we.. cuddle?"
And just like that, Octavius blushed. "..what for? Can't you just lay down and sleep?"
    "Well, yea. But I'm cold."
Octavius sighed and walked over to Jedediah. "Whatever you wish, 'Diah."
Jedediah moved out of the way so he could lay in Octavius's strong arms. Octavius, Jedediah noticed, was warm. So unbelievably warm. He grinned, drifting off into dream-land.

"Hey– Octavius?"
Larry asked, looking around. "Octavius? Jed–" He looked over at the desk to see the pair of miniatures asleep on the desk. They looked so cozy.
"Well, let's just hope there's no more wars," He said, with a satisfied grin. He had an idea that he wouldn't have to break up anymore mini fights.