(1) 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐦 ✓

chapter one

chapter one

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE STORM WAS THE SORT OF PERSON THAT PEOPLE TENDED TO AVOID. She often snapped at others, made snarky comments or just glared in general. No one found her approachable and when someone had to talk to her about something, they often stood six feet away like she had some sort of disease. Adelaide wasn't stupid, she knew how people talked about her, she just didn't care. As long as they didn't get in her way, they could say whatever they wanted. They were probably just jealous because she was one of the most highly respected Shadowhunters and the clave directly contacted her.

It wasn't like she meant to come off as cold, or heartless. It was just natural to her. She had kept her wall up for so long that it had become second-nature. It wasn't like she didn't joke around or flirt, she wasn't completely ice cold. But she tended to switch off her emotions pretty quickly. She could be joking one minute and then the next, she was back to being stone. Adelaide had no time for personal things and she didn't let anyone get close enough to her. No one at the institute knew anything of her past, they didn't even know when the girls birthday was. She was a very private person.

Adelaide looks in the mirror, looking over her outfit as she tilts her head a little bit. The black mini skirt fitted to her body just right and her black top, hugged her upper body. It was sleeveless as it stopped right underneath her breast and arched up in the middle. She smirks at herself before leaning into the mirror to finish putting the lipstick on, puckering her lips together.

"Adelaide, you coming?" Isabelle's voice moves throughout the room. She glances at the girl in the mirror before ruffling up her hair and turning to the girl.

"Any chance to slay demons while looking smoking hot, I'm in." Adelaide replies with a smirk as she walks over to the girl, her heels tapping on the floor. Isabelle takes a look at the girls outfit before they turn in order to leave the room.

"That's my girl." Isabelle says with a wink as she taps the girls butt. Adelaide shakes her head before they begin walking together. Isabelle and Adelaide were close but not sister close. Sure, they chatted and had fun together but whenever Isabelle would absentmindedly ask anything about Adelaide's life, the girl would shut down. "Maybe you'll even find a man tonight." She points out, raising her eyebrows at the girl but Adelaide only scoffs, rolling her eyes lightly.

"Men are overrated." She states as she smooths her skirt out a little. If she heard one comment from a man tonight, she would surely punch them in the face.

"Which is why I saw you sneak out of Jace's room last night?" Isabelle teases as she smirks at the woman, wiggling her eyebrows. Adelaide didn't look affected or even shocked that the woman knew. Her and Jace hadn't been discreet. He once fucked her in the training room, it wasn't like they were trying to hide the fact that they were having sex. Neither of them cared if anyone knew.