38

Lisa POV

Jennie was extra protective after the beach incident, anyone that even looked my way, she would grip on my arm and growl at them. She walked me to and from every class, even the one we shared together.

I loved my girlfriend, but I needed space. Thankfully, Jisoo and Rosé planned to take her out to practice her magic with the other witches. Rosie only went because she didn't want to be separated from Jisoo.

I relaxed on my bed, exhausted from the morning classes. I felt my stomach grumbling and walked over to my mini fridge, frowning as I pulled out a bag of blood.

I was getting tired of this. I wanted fresh warm blood from the veins. I didn't know what was happening until I threw my bag towards the wall with a scream of anger.

I was starving. I needed blood. Now.

Suddenly I heard screams too and I ran to the window, watching all the other vampires fighting each other for a blood bag in the courtyard.

I'm hungry!

Blood!

We need to feed off campus!

I widened my eyes at their thoughts, immediately running out the room to try and stop them. I saw Irene and Wendy run out the gates, my parents there to try and stop the rest of us.

"We know it's her doing this! Go stop them okay?!" Dad growled as he pinned down a girl, snarling and trashing against the ground. I raced out after the girls, still trying to fight my own hunger.

"Girls no!" I screamed when I saw Wendy lunge for a teenage couple from the bushes. I tackled her down, looking up at Irene who was now hissing at me, probably thinking I was trying to take her food.

"This is the witches magic okay? Please stop!" I got up, holding Wendy's arms behind her back as I grabbed Irene's arm to drag her back to the school.

"No!" Irene whined as she fell to the floor, clutching her stomach in pain. "Lisa, I'm so so hungry!" She screamed and Wendy held her to her side.

"We can't fight it." Wendy gritted through her teeth, trying breathe through her mouth. I looked around, making sure there wasn't many humans in the center.

Just one. Please just one.

No more blood bags. We need it fresh Wendy said to me when I heard her thoughts. She was right... one human wouldn't hurt.

I grinned to myself when I saw a man jogging along the sidewalk near the woods, his earbuds in while he was panting. I could hear his blood pumping from his heart. I wanted it.

I snapped and before I knew it, my mouth was on his neck and I slapped a hand over his mouth to silence his screams. I could cry from the taste of fresh blood, I forgot what a human tasted like.

"No!" I heard and soon I was tackled down by my dad. "Lisa what have you done!" I growled at him, wanting to fight him off for more blood. "Jisoo! Now!"

I blinked and my whole world went black. I woke up and groaned when I felt myself restrained by my hands and feet. I looked around and was in a dark room, it made me feel uneasy.

I remembered what happened before I passed out and I wanted to cry. I killed someone. I killed an innocent human just trying to jog because I couldn't fight my urges. I bit my lip but I could feel a tear roll down my cheek.

I really was a monster. Why couldn't I fight her magic and be a better vampire? I never felt so weak before. What I hated more? I loved the blood. I wanted more of it, even without her magic controlling me now.

"Lili?" I looked up to see Jennie leaning against the doorway, frowning as she crossed her arms. "I'm not allowed to untie you yet."

"It's okay." I gave her a sad smile. "Did...did the girls kill too?"

"Irene did, your mom stopped Wendy before she could. They're both in the schools infirmary right now. How are you feeling?"

"I don't know." I looked at my lap to avoid her sad eyes. "A part of me is disgusted by myself...but the other doesn't regret it. I hate that I killed but I loved the blood. I'm so sorry, Jen."

She walked over to me, sitting on my lap as she hugged me to her. "You know you could always feed off me right? May not be human blood but it's still fresh."

"I don't want to keep doing that to you." I frowned at her, "You're not my personal blood bag. I love you."

"Which is why I have no problem letting you feed off me. When I need to feed, you help me. It's a 50/50 baby." She cupped my cheeks, wiping my tear away with her thumb.

"I'm sorry I've been so clingy. I just hate seeing you in danger. Jisoo had to put a shield spell on the vampires for the day, but she can't keep it up forever."

"Is that why I passed out?"

"Unnie had to, you could have fought your parents with your strength. Your dad is going to come in soon and make sure you're okay before we release you. Then after, you're going to feed okay?"

I nodded, laying my head on her shoulder to listen to her heartbeat. My parents came in and let me go once they saw I was okay. Jennie and I held hands as we walked back to my dorm and I felt bad when I saw the girls cleaning up the blood on the wall.

"I would've killed you if you got it on my bed." Rosé whined as she finished up.

"Sorry I had to knock you out." Jisoo apologized as we all sat around my bed. "I hated seeing you like that."

"It's okay, Unnie. You made the right choice. I was just so hungry and tired of cold blood. I don't know what happened to my control."

"Hey, you're a vampire. You need blood so we don't blame you." I'm gonna tell Jisoo I want to go to get food so you can really feed okay? Rosé said to me in her head and I thanked her.

"Hey honey? Can you come with me to get chicken?" Immediately Jisoo jumped up and the couple left to go get food.

"Hey Nini? I'm kinda hungry." I admitted, Jennie turning to me with a smile. She tossed her hair to one side and offered her neck to me. I smiled gently as I bit into her neck, grinning when I heard her gasp.