"Ah, you seem like you're dehydrated.. I brought you a glass of water, do you want it?" Gemini calmly asked, only to be answered with Merid's yelling. "No!.. What if you..poisoned it or somethin-" 

Being cut off, the water was basically shoved down Merid's throat. "Ack!-" They began coughing due to how quick and unexpected that was. "What was that for..?" 

Gemini looked down to his shoes, disappointed in himself. "I was ordered to keep you alive.. for Nix.."

"Coward!" Merid shouted out. "Get me out of here!" 

"Coward..?" Gemini seemed surprised, as if he was never called that before. "You think I'm a coward? Nix's family saved my life, it's only natural I'd follow their orders!" 

In a fit of pure rage, Merid screamed out. "Shut up!! You're an adult and don't even have the courage to do something! You shouldn't be talking! In fact.. you shouldn't be alive!" 

It felt like he was getting lectured by a teacher, like a knife was struck straight into his heart, filling him with anger. "You shouldn't be alive, yet somehow you are, and I don't know how! You've escaped every chance Nix had to get rid of you! But now..now we have you in our hands!" Gemini laughed, taking a breath in. "We..can finally kill you!" 

"I'm sorry, but you think I'll let myself die by your hands?" Merid questioned, tilting their head. "Huh?" Gemini froze, both a look of surprise and confusion plastered on his face. "What do you mean by that?"

"I'm not letting myself die here, even after all I've been through." Merid clarified.

Before Gemini could say anything back, Nix slammed the door open, holding something.. someone. It took Merid's eyes a bit to focus, but once they did, they regretted looking. They felt sick to their stomach, but it's not like they've eaten anything, they didn't even need to after all. , as if anything was even in it.“What… the hell..?”

What Nix was holding were the mangled corpses of their parents, Irene and Joel. Irene, their mother, had her chest stabbed, and various cuts across her face and neck. Joel, their father, had his neck seemingly scratched up with a rough rope, causing his skin to go pale. Merid instantly became speechless, their jaw dropped open with no words coming from it. They didn’t expect this, they never have. And god, was it both disgusting and terrifying to see.

What was this? Some sick joke being played on them? They wished this would all go away.. They wished something would just.. Come out and hit Nix so hard he blacked out. Something, something.

But nothing happened. Instead of Nix being hit and killed right then, Nix dropped the mangled bodies of their parents right in front of them, leaving them for Merid to see. This was his way of torture, there’s no way it isn’t. Merid stared at the bodies in fear, wondering when this nightmare would end, or when the time would come for them to die.

That’s all they wanted right now. They wanted to die beside their parents when they still had the chance. Irene and Joel were here now, so why not just die here? They’d be with their parents at long, long, long, long, last.. That’s all they’ve ever wanted..

Nix knew exactly what they were thinking from that sad, mentally broken grin. Sure, he wanted them dead, but not if they wanted to die. There was nothing in it for him. “I’m not killing you, Merid. And no one will kill you here.”

“Why not? You want me dead, so why don’t you do it!? I know you want it! Everybody does!” Merid laughed, before choking out a pained sob. “Why.. why are you doing this to me?! Why, why, why, why, why, why, WHY!!!” 

Gemini stepped back, as Nix stepped closer to Merid. "Oh, you don't know.. do you?" He grinned, looking down at Merid's terrified expression. "Merid. If something ever happened to my family, and I was gone.. you would become royalty and screw up the lineage!"