1

Angel, Nas and Missy, best friends of many years. They were joined at the hip. Nothing could separate them. Between them there was no secrets. No major fallouts occurred despite their different personalities.

Nasreen Paracha, oldest of three children, lived with her mum, nana, and two younger siblings. She was going into sixth form this year. Like her friends she lived a difficult life. No dad. He left her an her family god-knows why.

Missy Booth, crazy. She lived a comfortable life with her younger sister and nana. Her dad was long-gone and her mum, a drug-addict, always relapsing and never fit enough to look after her two only children. Missy unlike her other two best friends had to repeat Year 11. She failed her GCSE's which resulted in her having to repeat the year with her younger sister.

Last but not least, Angel Taylor. Although she lived with both her mum and  dad she lived the most difficult life of them all. However she was good at hiding it, even from her best friends. Angel's mum and dad would constantly fight,  sometimes involving their daughter in their arguments. Ever since Angel's dad had an affair, her life was never the same. Soon after her dad's affair, her mum did the same thing. It was never easy for her. Being an only child didn't help either, having no-one to talk to, which is why she spent most of her time at the Booth's or Paracha's. 

With all of them starting the new community high school tomorrow, they had to meet up. Like always, they met up at their usual spot, the tattered out sofa on the top of the skip. Tomorrow two schools from completely different backgrounds and ethnicities were to become one. Angel loved the idea that Nas would be joining her and Missy's school, but at the same time she hated change. It made her uncertain of what was to come.

Angel, the smallest of the three, sat in the middle. The three of them were talking about the most random of things due to the fact that they had all drank a bit of alcohol.

"So are you two looking forward for tomorrow?" Nas questioned whilst wrapping herself in her blue velvet jacket, the night had gotten colder and darker, the light from the lamposts illuminating the houses of the estate.

"Yeah," Missy replied, leaning her head into Angel's shoulder also feeling the cold, "It should be fun. I hope that there's fit boys from your school that might actually be good enough for us. Well maybe not Angel because she's too in love with that Cory."

Angel rolled her eyes taking another sip from the almost empty alcohol bottle, humming as the two other girls laughed. 

As it became later they decided it was time that they made their way home. Angel struggled to get off the sofa, her mind slightly dizzy as her feet reached the floor. Nas laughed at the way Angel held onto her hand to keep her steady.

"Gel, maybe it'll be better if you stay at mine or Nas' tonight." Missy suggested, worried on how the girl would make her way home by herself. Nasreen nodded in agreement, still holding onto Angel's hand. 

"Nah, its alright. As much as i'd love to, all my stuffs at home and plus, mum and dad will be worried." Angel smiled and gave a quick hug to both the girls reassuring them that she'll be fine. They all waved goodbye to each other and made their way home, Nasreen and Missy walking in one direction and Angel in the other.

"Byeeeee!" 

HI. This is my first ever story so if this chapter is bad, my apologies. I hope that you all carry on reading this book and it would be much loved if you could vote for this chapter and comment on how I could improve or what you like. xx :)