Chapter 2

Recap:

"Rafe buddy you okay?" "Yes definitely let's go, come on bub." I grabbed his hand and started to pull him up stairs but he caught up quickly and we ended walking upstairs hand in hand with a blush on my face making me look red as a tomato I looked up and saw him smiling at me.

I think I'm in love with my best friend.

Later that night

Rafe's POV

I looked at the clock and saw that it was getting late, and I'm kind of hungry. I look over at Topper who was sitting in my desk chair, who looked kind of bored. "Hey Topp?" "Yeah Rafe?" "Uh... Wanna get some food?" He paused the game looking over at me and said "Yeah sure."

As we head out of my room Sara walks out of hers with Wheezie who walked past heading downstairs, "Hey Topper! Rafe." "Hey Sara." "Sara" "Oh by the way Dad said Topper can stay during the storm since his mom's on the mainland." I looked over at Topper who looked a little uneasy.

"Cool we're going now bye." I say grabbing Topper's hand and dragged him away from Sara and downstairs to the kitchen where I see Wheezie smiled at my little sister grabbing my keys "Tell Dad I'm staying at Topper's tonight. Bye Wheezie"  I kept walking to the door when I realized I was still holding Topper's hand I looked at him expecting him to be mad only to find him smiling at me. As we walked outside I let go of his hand to lock the door. Topper not noticing kept walking I hit my head on the door.

God I'm an idiot.

I feel someone grab my hand and pull my head off the door rubbing my forehead a bit then grabbing my chin making me look at them. Topper.

"Bub don't hit your head you could get hurt. Come on let's go," grabbing my keys from me "I'm driving you look tired." He says pulling me a little till I catch up walking side by side hand in hand until we got to the truck. "I can leave my jeep here right?" "Huh? Oh um yeah definitely."