Chapter 2

Y/n's POV:

I tie my long thick hair into a low bun as I'm in herbology and it's getting in my way but as soon as I see Adrian Pucey walk into class I quickly pull two loose strands from behind my ears.

" congratulations to Miss y/l/n who scored the highest on her herbology OWL" Sprout says as I flush red with my hands behind back nervously as everybody claps like they expected nothing less, I hear someone whistle and turn my head around to see Fred Weasley, I frown at him before facing away.

" and this is a calm but not so quiet lesson where we are recapping, you should already know this so please, repot your mandrakes" Sprout says clapping her hands as she walks around observing everything.

Once I've put on my earmuffs and shut my mandrake up I continue with the instructions I already fluently know and continue when I feel a tap on my shoulder, I jump from fear since I heard nothing. I defensively pull my earmuffs down and turn around to see Fred, he laughs at my shriek of fear.

" you idiot! What do you want?!"

" and it's lovely to see you again too y/n" he says and I roll my eyes.

" what do you want Weasley?" I say looking away from him and putting my attention back to my work.

He leans forwards to my ear so that I can hear him, " I want you to be my girlfriend"

I drop my mandrake from his words that caught me off guard, it falls on to the floor along side with the compost and all eyes are on me, Sprout walks over to me raising her hands.

" what happened here?!" She asks concerned, I hear some chuckles from the class.

" I- I'm so sorry, I'll clean it up, I don't know what happened" I say nervously, she gives me a disappointed look.

" I expected better from you y/l/n" she says and my heart sinks that I stand still.

Fred puts his hand on my shoulder to show his presence, " I'm sorry Professor it was my fault, I jump scared y/n, I thought it would be funny" he says.

" well look what you've done! Bless you Miss Y/l/n, it wasn't very funny, Weasley clean this mess up!" She shouts and suddenly everyone goes back to doing their work, bored of the short confrontation.

She walks away as I grab out my wand, Fred reaches out to do the same thing.

" don't" I say, my eyebrow raised.

" she told me to clean it up"

" well you'll probably make it worse!" I say upset, I don't know if those words saddened him but if they did, he did a good job of hiding it.

At the end of class, I hear Fred calling after me but I ignore him when he grabs my arm from behind turning me around.

" what?!" I snap.

" Jesus, why are you so hot headed?!" He insults me.

" what do you want?!" I ask angrily.

" are you still in a mood about what happened in herbology?" He asks sighing.

" yes! You embarrassed me!"

" it was an accident! A tiny mistake! I clearly make you nervous" he says with wink which makes me more annoyed.

" I don't make mistakes! And you certainly do not make me anything but enraged!" I say and a few first years begin to stare at our yelling.

" my gosh, you have not changed! You're just as bland and fiery" he says running his hand through his hair.