Epilogue

Epilogue

I sat on my bed, hidden underneath piles and piles of books and a promise of never being able to leave these godforsaken four walls of my room. Being grounded was no fun at all, especially when I could have been out exploring the forest. I was immediately hit with a stress ball on my head that came shooting from across the room.

“Oww, Irene. That hurts you know. Just because you can’t feel it, doesn’t mean you’ll hit others with it,” I called out to the angel dressed in blue, sitting on the other end of my room, a giggle spreading across her face.

“Always whining. Jeez, Jason, when will you grow up?”

“I am grown up,” I shot her a cold look, “just because you managed to drag me back home that day doesn’t mean you’re better of the two of us,”

“I AM the better of the two of us, one, because I’m a ghost and, two, because I convinced your mom not to ground you for life. You owe me, little one,” she snickered at me. Mom still didn’t know she had been speaking to a ghost and I’d rather leave it that way. Irene, on the other hand had managed to take annoying to a whole other level but I just didn’t want to get rid of her. We’d been through so much together and even though I no longer felt the love I felt for her before, I still enjoyed her company and she mine…I hoped. Either way, she was my friend, my best friend and there’s no other way I’d have it.

©Hafsa M.  (aka HTMwrites)