What Have I Done?

Start from the beginning

"Did you even hear what I said?" he asked.

"No and honestly... I don't care" I grabbed my headphones back and quickly walked away... but he is just so damn persistent.

He jogged up past me and stopped right in front, blocking my way. I would step left or right and he would continue blocking.

"Can you at least hear me out?"

"Alright, go ahead"

He sighed, "I woke up late... I forgot to charge my phone last night after facetiming with Higurashi-san"

Of course, it's her.

"Uh huh, good for you"

"Haru"

"Yuji"

"Come on, it's not like I missed it on purpose"

"You know what, you're right... I think I'd rather have you miss it on purpose than have that stupid excuse. Now, if you'll excuse, I'm going back to my apartment... lost my appetite after seeing you" that was a lie, I'm actually starving and was looking forward on getting some takoyaki and gyudon at this small local restaurant nearby.

He did follow me back to my apartment, he even decided to go in. He was just there, chilling on my bed as I try to keep myself busy. I can feel his eyes on me.

"I know you're hungry, do you want me to order something?" he asked.

"Do whatever you want"

Am I taking this a little bit too far? Maybe, but he promised that he'll be there and I expected him to be there. Then again... what exactly am I to him besides his bestfriend?

It took him about 15 minutes before he lost his patience. I was minding my own business, updating my social medias, and getting ready for a stream when he suddenly pulled my gaming chair with me on it. He rolled it to face my bed so we were face to face.

"What the heck, Yuji?"

"I said I was sorry"

"Actually, you never said you were sorry, you just gave me some lame excuse why you weren't at my graduation"

"I did say sorry, but you had your headphones on"

"I didn't hear it so it doesn't count"

"Haru"

"Yuji"

"Are you really going to stay mad at me for not attending? It's not like I did it on purpose"

"You said you'd be there. Do you know how pathetic I looked being the only person who didn't have anyone supporting me as I graduate? Heck, even Mitsu's parents felt bad for me that they had to invite me to join them for lunch"

Anger, disappointment, sadness... they're all finally hitting me. I had nobody there to cheer for me, to support me on one of the biggest accomplishments in my life.

"I can only imagine what the other people were thinking when they saw me there by myself. Even Yamamoto felt bad for my situation. YAMAMOTO! Also, do you even know how long it took for me to get ready so that we can take pictures to celebrate the occasion?! Three hours! I had to wake up early to go over to Mitsu's apartment so she can help me put my hakama and do my hair. I looked good. For once in my life, I didn't look like I'm going to the gym or running an errand! I.. I.. just..."

I was crying at this point. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I was just so angry that I cried. It reminded me of that championship back in highschool that he missed. The championship before I left. It was the same feeling... I felt alone and disappointed.