In [The Birth of a Hero], other than being a swordsman and torture expert, Beacrox also found interest in the art of poison. He also was proven to be quite verse in it.

And the man who was also a poison expert said that the training would be poison training to increase Keith's immunity. As he also said that Keith had a 'shit immunity', he would start with something simple. A light paralysis.

'Light paralysis, my ass.'

Such a 'light' paralysis that made both of his legs going numb made his body drenched in sweat. 

For Keith who was trained in assassination and stealth, legs were a requirement and necessary for survival's sake. He almost felt overwhelm when he could not move his legs to run or flee. It might be because of paranoia since he thought that he could not even lift a finger.  

Keith made a decision at that time. He would never trust either the father or the son. Both of them were vicious as hell. He made another mental note to not piss them off. He did not wish to die just before he reached eighteen.

He needed to suffer for another ten years before he sent the father-son duo with Choi Han on their hero journey.

That was if he planned to let the plot be.

However, he would not since he would be altering the plot. 

"Here's the antidote."

Beacrox crouched down just beside him after the time is up. Keith was torn between desperation and mistrust. He was desperate to drink the antidote for the paralysis but at the same time, he did not think he had the ability to put a trust in the scary torture expert anymore.

Nonetheless, Keith did not reject when Beacrox helped him drink the antidote. The taste of the antidote was as shitty as the toxin he drank just now. If not for his desperation, he would openly spilled the liquid. Perhaps right at Beacrox's face. Just to ease his heart and make himself feel better after the poison endurance.

Fortunately, Keith had a sense of self-preservation, thank you very much. He valued his safety and life as his top priority. 

Seeing how he almost choked as he gobbled down the liquid, Beacrox frowned slightly. He told Keith to drink it slowly before putting his own input in a nonchalant way. 

"You have a shit immunity, young master."

'...Is it really okay for him to curse in front of a child?'

Keith bemusedly thought to himself. Beacrox might already figured out that he was not like children his age, despite how he always appeared as a calm and mature eight-year-old with higher intelligence than most peers.

That was why he questioned whether it would be alright to curse in front of a child, a noble's child at that. 

Not that Keith cared for such trivial things.

It just felt iffy when a man cursed and being respectful in a formal way.

"The next training will not be as simple and easy as light paralysis. I will increase the difficulty and the length of time."

'Shit.'

Keith instantly cursed when he heard that. 

The so-called simple and easy light paralysis was enough to make him felt dying, and the next training would be even more harder?

He really could not tolerate with this whole thing anymore. He did not want to drink those shitty liquids nor did he want to suffer from the side effect of the poisons.

Great, now he needed to push his plan of taking the next ancient power into motion as soon as possible.

Vitality of the Heart would be crucial if he wanted to survive from the poison intake without even drinking the antidote.