" I am not ready for a baby," I replied sternly.

Letting out a humoured laugh, she said," Nobody was but still we conceived, raised our children properly and took care of our house. And, you will do the same."

Hearing her something clicked inside my head and I lost all colour from my eyes. I had sex with him without any protection. That means there is a huge chance of me getting pregnant.

Oh!! Allah! No, I don't want to be a mother that soon. Not when my relationship with my husband is completely shaky. I have to talk with him. Even if he doesn't want to talk, I have to force him to listen to me. It's not a simple matter to let go of. I have to start contraceptives very soon. No matter what I will never bring a child into this world right now.

I was still in my thought when she said rudely," And, stop dreaming of working outside because Mikaeel will never approve. You have to take his permission before doing something ridiculous."

Saying that she left the room taking Ziya with her and anxiety rose inside me. I know him very well. He will never permit me to work outside!! I know I don't need someone's permission to work outside but since I am a married woman now I have to take my husband's permission. That's what I have been taught by my family.

At Night

Author's p.o.v

Aurin was lying on the bed having a lot of thoughts in her mind. Mikaeel hasn't returned from the office yet and she is waiting for him. She is waiting not because she cares for him. She has to talk to him about her job and protection while having sex. That's why she is waiting for his return.

She heard a click sound and Mikaeel entered the room. She immediately got up from the bed and prepared herself to talk to him.

" Have you eaten or I should tell the maids..............." She couldn't complete her sentence when Mikaeel gave her a bouquet of pink tulips.

Aurin blinked her eyes and looked at Mikaeel questioningly. She looked at the flowers again and then diverted her gaze on him again. She wasn't understanding what was happening? She pinched her hand to understand if she is seeing everything for real or she is dreaming.

" Umm.......Your sister told me that you like pink tulips. You were upset in the morning, so I thought to buy them for you. I hope you have liked them," He said awkwardly stealing glances from her.

A shy smile formed Aurin's lips and she took the bouquet in her hand. While taking the bouquet, her soft fingers brushed on his hand and she blushed hard. A flower bouquet from a person like Mikaeel was very surprising and unexpected for Aurin. Her whole anger vanished in the air because of this surprise.

No, a simple bouquet didn't make her so happy. His words just touched her heart. She was impressed when he said that he bought these flowers because she was upset. Though his words were not that special, she couldn't control her feelings because she is an emotional girl who is hungry for her husband's love.

" So beautiful," Aurin mumbled touching the flowers gently.

Mikaeel cleared his throat to grab her attention and when she looked at him, he asked," How are you feeling now? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

" I am fine now," She answered softly and he just hummed.

After that, he informed her that he has eaten in the office and won't have dinner. Then, he walked inside the washroom to freshen up and Aurin kept smiling just looking at the flowers. Walking towards a flower vase, she removed the artificial flowers and put the tulips inside the vase.

Mikaeel and Aurin are now lying on the bed having a blanket over their body. Mikaeel was closing his eyes though he wasn't sleeping whereas Aurin was staring at the ceiling and practising in her mind how she is going to tell him about her job.

" Umm....I wanted to tell you something," Aurin broke the silence.

Mikaeel hummed when she said hesitating a little bit," The thing is I have applied for a job and Ammi was suggesting me to take your permission. Can I work outside?"

She was expecting the same words from him like her mother in law but his answer surprised her completely.

" Ok," He answered shortly and Aurin turned towards him. Her mouth got wide open and her eyes became wide like saucers.

Mikaeel told still keeping his eyes shut," Are you inviting the mosquitoes in your mouth?"

Aurin shut her mouth immediately and her cheeks heated up after hearing him.

She turned her head in another direction and started grinning silently. Her heart was overwhelmed and her feelings were everywhere when he agreed that she can work. His sudden change in behaviour forced her to think about him again and she can feel that there is still hope for them to improve this relationship.

Suddenly, she gasped when she felt his fingers brushing her waist. Turning her towards him, he looked into her eyes lovingly and she immediately lowered her eyes due to shyness. He entangled her fingers with his and pecked her lips very gently.

He was going to deepen the kiss when she whispered," Please, stop."

He stopped in his track and looked at her questioningly. She expected him to react with annoyance but to her utter surprise, he was looking concerned.

" Ummm.....can you please use protection? I don't want to be a mother so soon," She said meekly and looked in another direction.

Placing his thumb and index finger under her chin, he made her look into his eyes. The moment their eyes met, Aurin's throat went dry and she felt something itching inside her stomach. Nervousness was clearly visible in her eyes looking into his black eyes.

" I will bring contraceptive pills tomorrow. Let's not continue today," He said and returned to his side.

Aurin kept staying in the same position and an amusing expression appeared on her face. She still can't believe he has agreed for using protection. She thought he will argue but he came out completely opposite of her expectations. She started recalling his behaviour from the very first and her inside was in dilemma. First, his rude behaviour and now the sudden change in him was confusing to her.

" Maybe he realised that we should improve our relationship," She mentally thought and smiled looking at those tulips. Just a few moments of simple talking made her forget whatever she endured till now because she was desperate to make this relationship work.

Mikaeel was closing his eyes turning in another direction when someone pulled him very hard. He got startled when Aurin forcefully rested her head on his chest.

" What are you doing?" Mikaeel almost yelled when she pressed her index finger on his lips.

She whispered smiling innocently," Shh.....Don't think that always you can do whatever you want. Sometimes I can do too whatever I want."

Saying that she again placed her head on his chest and made him hold her waist. She placed his other hand over her belly and snuggled into his chest like a baby. This time he didn't argue. He tightened his hold around her soft body and smirked.

" She is an easy case," He thought mentally looking at Aurin's innocent sleepy face.

Vote, comment & follow