Standing up from your bed, you head to your study table with the lowest motivation you have to do your work. You unzipped your backpack that was on the chair and took out every weapon you needed to do your math homework. As you put your backpack on the floor and were settling on your seat, your ringtone, which was (favourite song) buzzed in your backpack.

When you finally found your flip phone that was hidden inside the pockets of your backpack, you quickly answered the call without having time to glance at who the caller might be.

"Hel-"

"YOU'RE ALIVE!"

You jolt your head away from the phone, trying to compensate for the sting in your ear from the sudden scream.

"Miyamura Asuka! There's no need to yell."

"I thought you were dead, (Nickname)! I was worried sick!"

She then made fake sobs like she just cried a river(a drama queen, I know).

"Didn't I ask you to call me?"

"No, you ask me to call you if something bad happens."

"It still counts! What time did you go home? Did you have dinner? You have taken a shower, right? How're your parents, by the way?"

You scratched your not-so-itchy head roughly. You were indecisive on which question you should answer first. Asuka was rambling on questions like bullets. She was merciless for goodness sake, especially when you were quite tired from the long journey you had before.

"I got home around 8.30 if I'm not mistaken and-

"You sound calm...." she cuts off your words abruptly.

You stayed silent due to the confusion flooding over you.

"You didn't find Haitani...did you?"

"No, I did."

"WHAT?!!"

Her scream was on an ear-splitting level that you can't comprehend anymore, since you accidentally threw your flip phone to the floor. You hissed from the pain and massaged your ears slightly, this best friend of yours has a lot of shenanigans for the love of God. It wasn't just a scream that she let out, you can hear a pencil lead breaking concurrently when she screamed(she was also doing her homework maybe) which just shows how stupefied she was with your sudden news.

No, it wasn't shocking that you found Rindou.

But it was bizarre for someone to remain calm after encountering that menace.

"How can you be so calm about it?!"

You crouched down and tried to reach your phone from your chair, but you failed to grab it since it was thrown quite far.

You crawled from your chair and put your flip phone lazily on your ear. You sure we're out of energy because instead of going back to your chair, you decided to just sit on the carpeted floor.

"You scream one more time, I wouldn't hesitate to crush your vocal cords."

"Answer the goddamn question!"

"Am I supposed to pretend like I'm scared or intimidated? You know how bad I am with acting."

A sigh came from her, most likely she sounded like she was in distress.

"He's someone dangerous for fucks sake. I heard people-"

"So you never actually saw him, right?"