•𝐺𝑜𝐹• 𝑇𝒉𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

Waking up extra early and taking turns in the shower, Cassia and Carla soon got dressed in clothes that matched each other. They both straightened their hair and applied some makeup before smiling at themselves, liking what they were wearing.

And once they were completely done, they left the castle with Hermione, handed in their permission slips and began their journey to Hogsmeade

When they arrived, the first shop they went to was the dress shop. And thankfully, the shop had heating as it was freezing cold outside from all the snow.

The shop owner immediately came over once the bell above the door rang, signalling that she had customers. She smiled once she saw the three girls and spoke up.

"I already have some dresses that I think you all will like. Follow me."

The three girls glanced at each other before following after the woman. She led them to 3 mannequins that had 3 absolutely beautiful dresses on them. Cassia, Carla and Hermione stared at these said dresses in awe.

Their eyes were wide and their mouths were dropped, the woman smirked at their reactions and the three girls immediately discussed which dresses they wanted to try on and went to the changing rooms.

Once they had the dresses on, they all stepped out of their changing room and looked at each other with wide eyes. They then began squealing and freaking out about how good each other looked. Cassia looked to the shop owner and announced.

"We'll take them."

The woman clapped her hands happily and immediately began retrieving the heels and jewellery to go along with the dresses. The three girls had gotten changed back into their clothes and were now standing at the till watching the woman scan the items.

She put them into 3 individual large gift bags and placed some coloured tissue paper on top to hide the items that are inside the bag from others.

She told them the total price, but gave them a discount, the girls put their money together and paid for their stuff. They then thanked the woman and left the shop feeling excited.

Carla suggested on going to the Three Broomsticks for a bite to eat and a beverage to drink and the other two instantly agreed.

The three linked arms and began walking towards the said place, and when they entered, they immediately spotted a table in front of the fire place. Both Carla and Hermione went over to the table and Cassia went over to Madam Rosmerta and started ordering.

When she had ordered everything they wanted, Cassia went over to the table and took her coat off and hung it over the back of the chair before sitting in that chair and sighing in conent as she felt warm from the fire. The three girls conversed and were feeling very excited for the Yule Ball now that they had their dresses and such.

Whilst they waited for their food and drink, Carla piped up.

"Soooo, since Cassia is going with Lyra, who are you going with, Hermione? You mentioned that someone had asked you, who was it?"

Hermione sat up straighter before answering the question.

"Oh, um, Viktor Krum asked me."

Cassia and Carla's eyes widened at this answer and stole a glance at each other thinking the same thing.

Isn't he a little too old to be asking her? She's 15 and he's 18. (A/N: Hermione's birthday is in September, and this was in December, which means she had turned 15 when the others were still 14.)

Hermione noticed their worried glances and informed them with a smile.

"I know the age gap is.. quite worrying, but it's only for the Yule Ball. I don't really see anything happening with him after that. He's sweet and all, but we don't really have that.. click. If you know what I mean? It's strictly platonic."

The other brunette and the redhead both mentally sighed in relief after hearing that and smiled at Hermione. The food and drink soon arrived and as they were halfway through their lunch, Cassia asks with a smirk.

"Soooo, Carla. Who are you going to the Yule Ball with?"

Carla looked up from her cup as she was taking a sip of hot chocolate and her eyes widened at the sudden question. She then mentally scolded herself for forgetting to tell them earlier. But she swallowed the beverage before speaking up.

"Sam did.."

She saw the smug look on Cassia's face and quickly added.

"Just as friends though. He didn't know who else to ask as he mentioned that his first choice had already been asked. So I offered to be his date since I didn't really know who to ask."

Hermione glanced between Carla and Cassia and felt quite awkward as she knew that Sam had a very obvious crush on Cassia, but Cassia and Carla were probably the only ones who didn't notice.

Or, Cassia did notice, but ignored it since he's her best friend and doesn't have those feelings for him.

And as for Carla, Hermione had a feeling that Carla knew about Sam's crush on the redhead, but didn't say anything due to Cassia's crush on Lyra.

Either way, it was a bit of a mess. But Hermione disregarded those thoughts and changed the subject.

"Well, since it's Christmas Eve in a few days, shall we do some Christmas shopping for presents and such to pass time before we go back to Hogwarts?"

She looked at her wristwatch and added on.

"We have roughly 4 hours before we have to be at the station for the journey back."

She looked at the two girls and they both nodded in agreement. They then finished up with their lunch before putting their coats and such on and leaving, gritting their teeth at the coldness.