"You guys are here early," the doctor came out to greet us. "Just couldn't wait a second longer."

Shayne quickly stood up making me laugh, "how long will this take?"

"Give us fifteen to twenty minutes," she responded helping Shayne go to the back and get his wiring taken out.

I stayed in my seat and pulled out my phone to call Sandra. Over the past couple of weeks she's had only one court appearance determining the custody of Maurice and it wasn't really anything serious but the mother's lawyer talking to the judge. As the days progress though I can tell how worried Sandra's getting and I don't at all blame her. Not only did she already lose a child, but she's about to lose yet another one. This is probably the second worse thing that has ever happened to her, and yet she still keeps a smile on her face.

"Hello," she answered on the third ring.

"Hey, are you still dropping Maurice off today?" I asked about our plans.

Today Addison's psychiatrist is stopping by for the first time to check out her environment and how she plays with other children. Now that she goes to an alternative school they won't allow therapist to observe her so we have to do it at home, where I'm gonna have Maurice and Rico there to help the therapist a little more.

Of course Shayne and I, well more of me, sat down with her and talked about the living situation. Although she seemed like she got it, her behavior didn't at all change. I'm still beating her on a regular basis and it's gotten so bad that I have to do it about three times a day.

Dr. Ellis's words about Addison's condition always plays in my head. Children with ODD love conflict and me beating her is taking her bait and running with it. There's no alternative when it comes to Addison and now my only hope is through the psychiatrist. I've talkin to him over the phone and he said that soon we can put her on medication.

Being a parent I looked through the internet about different medication they have for children of ODD and ADHD and as I read the reviews I became a little hesitant. A few parents have said that they'd rather have their child run around enjoying life then walking around like a zombie. Another parent said that some of the medication they tried had side affects such as nausea, headaches, stomachaches, loss in appetite, and loss in emotion.

The last thing I want is for Addison to be doped up on drugs walking around emotionless. It feels like I'm taking away her childhood or that I'm drugging her just so I can be at peace. Every child is different and I'm willing to give these drugs a try but the minute she starts complaining is the minute I suck all this shit up and deal with her, which might actually be the hardest thing I'll have to do in my life, because the little girl is on a whole different level.

"Yeah I'm gonna drop Maurice off," Sandra replied. "Are you at Shayne's doctor's appointment?"

"Yes, they just took him back."

"So when he gets the wiring out is he still gonna live with you?" She asked.

I nodded, "yeah, he still can't walk that good and his shoulder is hurting him sometimes."

"Well tell him I hope is stank breath ass get better. Nate is stressin' every fuckin' day it's fuckin' annoying," she sighed.

"What about you?" I asked referring to the custody battle.

"I literally have nub finger nails because I've been biting them, my stomach is in permanent knots, and I can't sleep at night."

My heart strings were being tugged at as Sandra talked, "you really just need to hope for the best. Your lawyer seems top notch hopefully then can win this for you. I don't even wanna think about Maurice going home with that no good parent."