"Okay, continue."

"As I felt someones presences I slowed my movement and that's when they grabbed me from behind." I stopped and collected my thought before continuing. "They placed their hand over my mouth and I tried to fight them off but they chocked me with their forearm. That's when I finally got a little loose and they threw me up against the mirror in the foyer and held onto my neck. I tried to pry their hands away and they eventually let go."

"Okay and what happened once he let go?"

"He backed up a little and that's when I felt the gun in my waist band. We circled around the foyer and I finally got the opportunity to grab the gun and I fired one single shot and he was down."

"And then you called the police?"

I nodded, "yeah."

The detective that did all the talking looked over at the detective that hasn't said a word yet. He leaned over and whispered in his ear and my hands grew so clammy I had to whip them on my jeans. My heart rate picked up as I thought about how they're soon gonna start to interrogate me.

The detective popped my thought bubble by clearing his throat, "when you came into the house you said you came through the front door, correct?"

I nodded, "correct."

"When he was attacking you did you go anywhere else?"

"No we stayed in the foyer."

"After you shot him, before you called the police, did you go anywhere else in the house?"

I shook my head, "no."

"Well can you explain to me why the light in the hallway in front of you garage was on and why the door was opened?"

I wanted to break down into tears. Trina must've forgotten to turn the lights off and shut the door when she left out of the back and into the garage. I gulped in nervousness and thought about what my next words would be and how they could determine the rest of my life.

This was gonna be a lot harder than I thought...

<>

*Back to present day*

A few weeks later.

Tavi.

"Oh my god, I can't wait to see what that breath hittin' for," I joked as I parked in the hospital parking lot.

Today Shayne was officially getting his wiring taken out of his mouth and everyone was elated for this moment. It's been damn there five weeks since he's talked and I know for sure he's never gonna shut up after this.

Once I found a suitable parking spot, not too far from the entrance, I turned the car off and helped Shayne out. Now that he has his arm out of the sling and today he's getting the wiring taken out, all that's left is the process of him walking normal again. He's still using the crutches and could be using them for another six weeks, depending on his healing process, which seems to be going good according to his doctor.

We walked onto the designated floor and I signed him in as he sat down in the waiting area. When I was done signing him in, I sat down next to him and pulled out my phone texting Jay back about tonight.

"So, are you excited?" I asked Shayne an obvious question once I tucked my phone back into my purse.

He nodded his head and I could see his cheeks moving indicating that he wanted to smile but he was fighting it. The scar under his chin where he got shot healed and now it's not as big as it was before but you can still see it. Now that it's officially healed he can grow his beard back and honestly I can't wait. It makes him look manlier.