Wanda nods her head, tears falling down her face and Natasha mutters a soft, "Come here," as she holds Wanda in her arms.

"I'm scared," Wanda sobs into Natasha's shoulder.

"I know," Natasha says rubbing her back, "But we're going to get through this. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."

Wanda hugs Natasha a little tighter at the words.

A month passes and things are still the same. At least once a day the question is raised of who is keeping the Avengers in check and concerns of Wanda's powers seem to be a daily debate on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and every other news channel in America. They try to keep Wanda distracted, but they're not with her constantly and curiosity gets the best of her as she watches these debates.

Mainly she wants to know more about the people she killed. Their names, if they had families, things they liked, things they didn't. She needed to know more about them. There was a ceremony to honor them, and Wanda sat alone in the living room as she watched it. As family members, friends, and leaders from around the world spoke on the Wakandan aid workers.

That was the day they all got the call.

Kennedy had gotten her shift covered at the hospital because it wasn't every day that you received a call from the Secretary of State demanding that you appear at a meeting at the Avenger's Facility.

She'd stopped at home where she found Wanda on the couch watching the news. Kennedy grabbed the remote of the couch and switched the TV off, which got the enhanced woman's attention.

"I'm sorry," Wanda apologized, "I know you told me not to watch it, but-"

"I'm not upset," Kennedy states, "You can watch whatever you want, I only suggested against it because I didn't want you upsetting yourself."

Wanda's brow furrows, "Is everything okay? I thought you had a twenty-four-hour shift?"

"I did," Kennedy states, "And then the Secretary of State contacted me, demanding that you and I are at the Avenger's Facility."

"Why?" Wanda asks instantly.

"He didn't really go into detail," Kennedy says as she sits on the couch beside Wanda, "Listen to me. Everything is going to be fine. I'm not going to let them take you away from me, okay?"

"Kennedy, if they want me gone, then I'm gone."

"Well then you and I are just gonna have to move to Canada," Kennedy says, "I told you I'd be with you every step of the way and I meant that. Now go put on some clothes and let's go see what this guy wants."

Wanda nods her head, "Is it just us?"

"Nat told me the whole team is there," Kennedy states, "Tony too. I think it's an Avengers problem. Which means the focus isn't ultimately going to be on you but there's always a chance you'll be brought up."

"Understood," Wanda tells her.

"I got you. You trust me?" Kennedy asks holding up her fist. Wanda's lips quirk up as she fist bumps Kennedy without a second thought.

"Always do," Wanda states.

After Wanda gets dressed, they enter the facility and once again find themselves in the conference room. All eyes are on them as they walk in, and Wanda takes the last available seat at the table while Kennedy takes the empty seat beside Tony.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass I found something forty years in the Army never taught me."