[5]

❀ ₊⁻∘・ now playing: ❝all the things she said - t.A.T.u.❞
[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:19 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:34・∘⁻ ₊❀.

"let's go. we're not gonna last here longer." cheong-san spoke up.

"where would we go?" wu-jin questioned.

"the hose from earlier." he answered with a nod. "gyeong-su?"

"yeah? what?.. what is it?"

"we need to get the firehose in here. and i'll need your help." cheong-san answered, watching as his friend sighed. "we just need to open it a few inches. just enough to get the hose in."

"isn't it better to wait for the rescuers to some and save us? "gyeong-su questioned.

"we might all die by the time they arrive." cheong-san replied as he rubbed his forehead.

"well jesus, that's morbid." yun-hee spoke with a sigh.

"this will kill us faster. it's just gonna be-"

cheong-san sighed as he glanced over to his friend, placing a hand on his shoulder. "is waiting for someone to save us the best thing we can do?"

"oh, whatever." gyeong-su complained. "if i turn into a zombie.. i'll be so mad." he said as he moved to the edge of the door, pushing one of the desks out of the way, just enough so that cheong-san could reach his arm out to grab the firehose.

"i can't reach it." he concluded with a sigh as he sat up before looking to the others. "does anyone have really long arms?"

"my arms are really short." dae-su said.

"i got average arms." wu-jin lied, not wanting to stick his arm outside.

"yun-hee has pretty long arms." na-yeon pointed out as she nodded her head at the girl who sat on the ground, leaned against jun-heo.

"okay. i'll do it." she mumbled, pulling her skirt down as she stood.

"no. no way. she was the only one who actually helped dae-su, and she could've gotten bit because of it. now you want her to stick her hand out and wave at the zombies?" jun-heo told as he stood up, grabbing onto her hand to stop her from walking. "i'll do it instead."

"i'm just sticking my arm outside, jun-heo. besides, you have short little baby arms." yun-hee said as she pulled her hand away before walking to the door.

"you don't have to do it, yun-hee. na-yeon's just scared." cheong-san assured with a nod.

"it's fine, chicken boy. i'll be fine." she replied with a large, very fake, smile as she kneeled down on the ground before moving onto her stomach.

she reached her left hand out, her fingertips barely grazing over the side of the hose. with a sigh, yun-hee scooted forward, slightly banging into the door, causing a small rattle as it moved against the hinges. her arm retreated as she took in a deep breath, screwing her eyes shut.

"can someone get me something to pull this thing closer?" yun-hee said quietly, watching as cheong-san nodded before scurrying into the teachers office.

he emerged with the hand from the mannequin that held a diagram of organs, a small smile on his face as he held it out. "thank you." she mumbled shortly, sighing before she stuck her arm back out.

the small curve of the hand began to wrap around the edge of the hose, as a zombie stalked forward, knocking the metal of the hose to the side, pulling the tube with it. the arm fell out of her hand, landing on the ceramic floor with a small clunk.