Valentines Day (Ransushi)

Start from the beginning

Atsushi simply sat down and returned to work, but he could feel, constantly, that someone's eyes were on him. And oh, what a surprise.. he glanced and there Ranpo was, shooting a death glare at him. For what? What reason? What was so wrong with his uniform? He just looked back to his computer attempting to ignore him.

Atsushi became laser focused to avoid the other, spending the entire day working. "..." Yosano, Ranpo and Atsushi were the only ones left. Yosano had all her stuff, a hand on her hip as she looked back. Atsushi seemed very focused on his work, and Ranpo wasn't doing a goddamn thing. This was odd. Normally Atsushi went home a little late or a little early, and Ranpo left as early as he could. He's trying to get Atsushi alone...

Yosano only smirked, aware of Ranpo's motive. Ranpo caught her glance and huffed. She merely gave him a thumbs up and he stood up, nearly furious at what she was insinuating. She merely snickered and quickly left.

Ranpo wasn't upset because he thought it was stupid. He was upset because she was right.

Ranpo looked back over to Atsushi. You can't ignore me forever.

He huffed and walked over, standing right next to him and crossing his arms. Atsushi said nothing, didn't even glance in his direction. Ranpo huffed and shut the other's computer suddenly. "Hey—!" Atsushi huffed and looked at him. "What's your problem!?"

"You are the problem." Ranpo began tugging on the other's vest. "Change back!!" he insisted.

Atsushi smacked the other's hand away. "I like this new uniform!" He huffed. "It makes me feel—nicer about myself!"

Ranpo doesn't take time to process his words. Maybe if he had, he wouldn't have— "It makes you look ugly! Icky! Gross, take it off!" He huffed and pulled at the vest again, and it tears. Ranpo stopped and let go. Ah—he'd ripped the vest; now it was stretched.

"Oh." Atsushi looked down at the outfit, his vest now half hanging down his arm. Atsushi is only looking down. He won't look up. Ranpo blinked. Was Atsushi about to get absolutely berserk that Ranpo ripped his new uniform? Was Atsushi staying calm, before the storm.

He's—he's trembling..?

Oh God, maybe Ranpo should get out of dodge? Eheh...

"I.. I didn't think it looked... that bad." What. Atsushi's voice was shaky. Maybe a very light voice crack in his words. Sounding absolutely miserable.

Ranpo blinked a few times. This—this was definitely not what he expected. "Huh..?" He was confused. He .. he really just wanted Atsushi to take it off because it looked too good on him and made Ranpo's feelings toward him even stronger. He didn't understand these feelings and it scared him so he just wanted Atsushi to wear something else. Being a complete child. But he didn't expect his actions to have this type of consequence. It was the last thing he expected.

Ranpo would be the only one honest with me if it looked bad. Atsushi swallowed thickly and lifted his head. He's managing not to cry which he's very proud of. "So—so which part is it? Is it the tight parts? Like the shirt and leggings?" He examines his outfit, thinking he's been delusional the entire time if he thought it was good. Ranpo wasn't a fashionista but he was honest.

"That's.. that's not what I was—dammit." Ranpo grumbled and scratched the back of his hair.

"The—the vest then? Since you ripped it, I kinda figured you didn't like it." Atsushi unbuttoned it and easily removed it. God fucking dammit, now he's even hotter.

Ranpo grabbed the others shoulders. "Atsushi."

The weretiger tensed up and looked into the others eyes—which were open. Always a pretty green, Atsushi loved it whenever he had the chance to see them. "I don't like your outfit because you look too good in it." Ranpo blurts out. Atsushi just stared at him. Ranpo.... Didn't seem sarcastic. What.