"Okay, it's not that bad," I announced. "How about you?"

"Yeah, me too." He poured some bottled water into the electric kettle and turned it on. "Want to drink coffee or tea or hot chocolate or something?"

I couldn't help smiling. The only reason he kept any of it stocked in his room was because I occasionally came over. I'd already told him, on several occasions, that he didn't need to do that just for me. But Nolan had shrugged and said that he already got them, so we might as well put them to use.

"You're offering me coffee or tea at night? What if I can't fall asleep later?" I teased.

"Then you won't fall asleep," he said, having the audacity to smile sweetly while speaking those words.

"Don't you care if I get enough rest?" I mock-wailed. "I still have classes tomorrow!"

"Chelsea," he said in a patient tone, "as far as I remember, no amount of coffee affects you enough to keep you awake when it's time for bed."

I flashed him a thumbs up. "Good job! You remembered."

Even while he was shaking his head, the grin on his face was undeniable.

"So ..." he said.

I raised an arm into the air.

"Hot chocolate, please!"

"Got it. You can sit down, you know." I assumed he said that because I was still standing near the door. "Your jeans don't look that wet."

"I was being cautious," I said. "Then I'll sit on your bed!"

He pulled out a drawer and rummaged through its contents. "Yeah, sit down. I'm about to do my laundry in a couple more days, anyway."

I liked how neat and tidy Nolan's room was. Some books were stacked on the small shelf above his wooden study desk. Other than his laptop and electric kettle, there was nothing on his desk. Everything else was kept away until he took it out to use it.

"I don't think I can ever get over the fact that you brought two comforters to school," I commented, sitting down on the side of his bed, "again."

Both were folded and stacked together at the foot of his bed, one dark blue and one gray. The dark blue one was the very comforter he'd lent me back in Fairwood during the astronomy club's meteor shower event.

"I know," he said, "because you mention this every time you come over."

"That's because I can't get over it!"

One comforter was heavy enough to lug around, let alone having to carry a suitcase with two of them packed in it.

"Yes, I know."

Whoa, it really was getting cold in here, courtesy of the raging storm outside. Lightning flashed outside his window. A boom of thunder followed within seconds, inciting a shiver that rolled down my spine.

Goosebumps rose on the exposed parts of my arms.

"Would it be an exaggeration to say that it sounds like there's a waterfall outside?" I gripped onto the blue comforter with both hands. "A waterfall with thunder?"

"Maybe, but I won't blame you. It's pretty loud. Are you okay?"

He got two mugs out—I left one of mine in his room so I could use it whenever I visited—and poured out the hot chocolate mix into mine.

"Yup. Hey, can I use your blue comforter? It's so cold."

"You know you can."

"Thanks!"