Little tiara

I have this little tiara on my head.

The diamonds shine so bright, it is almost blinding.

Just like the silence is deafening.

The silence of my phone.

Every time I hear the sound of a new message, my heart skips and a beat. In my mind I pray it is from you.

But the disappointment is readable on my face when it turns out it was not. Again.

Apparently you are busy, because why else would you ignore me?

Am I not important enough?

You tell yourself you asked for this. You asked for the drama, the heart break, the tears and the deafening silence.

Because you were the one who let him in. Over and over again. Everyone told you to accept the fact that it was not meant to be.

But there was this side of you that could not believe that. Why would you wait for faith, if you can take control?

So complaining about him, about the drama, the heart break, the tears and the silence are not going to help.

You asked for this, and the biggest question is; can you live with that?

There is this side of him, you tell them. This incredible side that makes you laugh, makes you feel like a princess.

But his ugly side is something you keep hidden. Sometimes even for yourself.

Can you love both sides, and still love yourself?