Chapter 7: Questions

Start from the beginning

She laughed. "Does he really look like Chicken little?" She asked then Sanzu nodded with a smile on his lips. None of them noticed that they were now sitting close to each other.

"And now he looks like a jellyfish." Sanzu laughed making her laugh.

"Yeah, I know right!" She agreed.

Suddenly, the door opened then Rindo emerged inside making the both of them stop when they saw Rindo with Ran behind him.

"Welcome home fuckers!" Sanzu greeted while (Y/n) just pressed her lips when she saw Rindo. Sanzu laughed making her stifle her laughter.

Rindo raised a brow then he turned to Sanzu. "Were you taking drugs behind our backs?" Rindo asked, eyeing the both of them.

"N-No!" She stuttered then she lifted a hand up to cover her mouth as she stifled her laughter.

"Did you gave her drugs Sanzu?!" Rindo asked, glaring at Sanzu.

"No...?" Sanzu and (Y/n) locked gazes for a moment then she bursted out laughing with Sanzu.

She just couldn't get over it. Everytime she looks at Rindo she could remember what Sanzu told her.

Their laughter was contagious that Ran laughed beside Rindo making his little brother turn to him with his brow raised.

"What's with you? Why are you laughing?"

"I don't know why I'm laughing." Ran laughed.

Rindo rolled his eyes then he walked towards the stairs. "I thought Sanzu was the only lunatic here. Guess we have three lunatic in the house." He mumbled mostly to himself.

The laughter grew louder and he was getting annoyed so he head straight to his room.

It was time for lunch but Rindo was still on his bed, reading a book.

'A Love To Protect'

He always read the book. He once returned the book in the library but a day after that, he took the book back because it was his remembrance of her. He could remember how she would read the book with his head on her lap and he missed it.

He took the picture that was in between the pages. Gazing momentarily at the picture. It was their picture when they were at the photo booth. That time when Rindo took her to an anime shop just to make up for his mistake.

She was smiling in the picture while pulling the corner of his lips. The sight of it made him miss her. He bit his bottom lips, tears escaping his eyes.

"I'm Sorry." He choked a sob as he gazed at her blurry and crumpled face. His tears fell down the picture but he quickly wiped it with his thumb. Every night he would cry while staring at her picture- the reason why the picture was crumpled.

"Rindo-san!" A knock was heard from the door.

He hurriedly wiped his tears then he slid the picture back in the book. He closed it then he hid the book underneath his pillow.

"Rindo-san! It's time to eat!" Another knock was heard from the door. Rindo approached the door then he opened it to see (Y/n) whose knuckles was on the air. She was about to knock again.

She hurriedly pulled her hand down. "It's lunch time."

"I know." He sarcastically retorted.

"It's time to eat Mr. Haitani." She retorted sarcastically.

"I don't want to." Rindo replied as he went inside the room leaving the door open. He took his phone that was laying on his bedside table then he sat on his bed as he scrolled through his phone.