"Wait, guys." We all look at Jihyo. She wiped her tears from her eyes before speaking. "What if they just woke up? Then they wonder what is going on right now, so they leave?"

Tzuyu scratches her right cheek. "That's possible," she answers. "But what about the furniture? If I'm not mistaken, my little sister Minju is only 9 years old, and if I'm right, a child like that still can't lift even a bucket, much less a goddamn bed."

Any hopes in Jihyo's faces earlier immediately faded. I also want to believe what she said awhile ago: that they just woke up and wondered what's happening in our world, but everything that's been happening right now is pretty much on the bad side.

"How about you, Jeongyeon? Sana?" Dahyun suddenly asked. "Is someone in your family missing?"

For a moment. Jeongyeon doesn't speak, while Sana just stares at the screen. "I don't have any siblings, and I'm alone at my apartment," Sana said.

We nodded at her. We already expected that she'd be alone because she's a foreigner. While Jeongyeon looks down and seems to be studying her keyboard, Then suddenly, she looks up at her webcam.

"Just like Sana said, I'm alone too in my condo. I actually haven't heard any news from my family since last month," she admits. I can clearly hear the guilt in her voice. "I do have an older sibling, but... she's already gone."

We were quickly enveloped in silence. We can't give any advice or encouraging words to each other because we know that's bullshit. We don't need any reason to make us feel down.

"Uhm, I do have to say." There's something about Momo's voice...she seems scared? And this is the first time she has talked to us since the call started.

"What is it?" Nayeon asked.

"Remember earlier? When Sana said anything about my dog?"

I actually don't remember it, but I still nod. "What about it?"

"Well, when I got home, I couldn't hear my dog barking anymore. I thought Boo was just sleeping or something, but when I went there to check on him," she trailed off.

"And...?" Mina prompts.

"He's dead," she continues. "I even checked and went to my neighbors to check their dogs, but like, Boo, they're all gone. Well, not all of them, and there is one who's alive, but...it was eating the other dogs."

We all let out a huge gasp. For a moment, all of us lost the capacity to utter even a single word. Momo story rendered us all speechless.

"What do you think happened to them?" Jeongyeon asked, breaking the silence. "And the dog we saw in B.M..."

Mina shakes her head. "I'm not sure yet," she admits. "But I'm certain that it has something to do with why the entire humanity might be asleep now. I think the animals had a different reaction to the virus that was unleashed here on earth."

"You think it is a virus?" Sana asks.

"Like I said, I'm not sure yet, but if it really is a virus, then it's a very unusual one."

I immediately thought of what Mina said. What kind of virus is this that puts those people to sleep? It's also lame. But seriously, no matter how lame this so-called virus is, I'd still prefer this to the zombie apocalypse.

"So, what's our plan?" I asked them.

"We'll go look for your missing family tomorrow," Jeongyeon said.

"What?!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. "Why do we need to start tomorrow? That's our brothers and sisters. Do you understand that?"

I would have agreed with her, but suddenly I thought of something. "No," I say. "Jeongyeon is right."

Chaeyoung glared at me through the camera, "Why are you taking her side? Your sister or whatever that person's gender...missing too, aren't they?"

"First of all, she's a girl, and second, she's not my sister. She's a great friend of mine," I answer firmly. "Third, Jeongyeon is right. We'll go look at them tomorrow."

Chaeyoung let out frustrated sighs. "Don't you get it?" she asks incredulously. "If we act tomorrow, maybe something else will happen to them. Some of them are just kids, Y/N. Aren't you worried?"

"Trust me, I'm worried as fuck right now, but...we can't find them at night, Chaeyoung."

"You're not the only one who's losing a brother, Chaeyoung. Even Tzuyu's sister is missing too. Even my cousin is missing too," Mina suddenly says. "We cannot act suddenly, especially if we also do not know where to begin."

She cast her gaze downward. I thought she would still answer and tell us that we needed to act right now. but I was surprised when she suddenly agreed. "Fine. Let's find them tomorrow."

I nod. "Let's meet each other at the Han River tomorrow at 6 a.m. Don't be late, please."

I put my laptop aside and carried my sister to her bedroom. She's already sleeping right now. I guess she's really tired.

I lay down beside her, afraid to let her go and think about not seeing her tomorrow morning. I just look at the ceiling while doing nothing.

When i was a kid, Nayeon always told me that it's not so bad to hold back and wait. She said that i should find my mind a peace first before I act. Panic clouds everything; your thoughts, your skills, your ability to think rationally. You shouldn't let it take control of your mind... because it will destroy you.

Thinking about Nayeon and how wise she is when we were just a little kid made me relaxed. And I feel myself to began to sleep. But before exhaustion can fully take my down below the surface of consciousness, I manage to look outside the window.

I could have sworn I saw a lights blinking in the dark, endless sky.