Three - Memories

Magsimula sa umpisa

You dropped your robe, a chill spiking through you, but didn't climb in the tub. You could feel Hannah's curious eyes on your back as you wandered to the heavily curtained window. Gently, you put your head through the split in the curtains and stared out the fogging window. White glistened out on the lawn and garden, freshly fallen. You gasped, sucking icy air through your teeth. It was gorgeous, you'd always loved the snow though you hated the cold. Another chill ran through you as the frigid air seep through the fabric. Stepping back, you allowed the curtain to close and made your way to the tub.

You groaned in delight as your chilled feet met with the tub's water. It was amazing, you hadn't even realized how cold you were. Goosebumps raised on your arms as you slowly settled the rest of your body into the warmth. You shivered once, sinking lower and closing your eyes while leaning your head back to wet your hair. Smiling, you sighed; you loved bath time. Hannah chuckled, and you could only imagine the head shake she gave you.

"What were you looking at, miss?" she asked softly. Opening one eye, you peered up at her.

"I was looking at the snow," you stated simply. Hannah nodded, and then shifted you up in the water.

Hannah washed your hair first, massaging soap through it until it lathered and then rinsed it. After she let you washed your body, knowing it made you uncomfortable if she did. When it came time to do your back, you leaned with your arms folded on the side of the tub. Content, you closed your eyes and concentrated on the small circles she was scrubbing. Inwardly, you groaned when you heard the door creak open. Opening one eye, you studied the perpetrator; it was Alois, blonde hair in his usual style and a smile on his lips that reached his cerulean eyes.

"Good morning, love," he spoke softly, leaning down to kiss your forehead. Forcing a smile, you leaned up and kissed his mouth chastely as he pulled away. You saw his eyes quickly skim your body in the water before landing on the maid. "Hannah, when you're finished here, I require your assistance in a matter."

"Very well, your highness," she spoke evenly, keeping her eyes low and away from her master's. As Alois turned to leave you called out to him. Surprised, he turned to face you once more.

"Yes, dear?" he asked lovingly.

"Alois, darling, might it be alright to have some new books?" you asked, sending up pleading eyes. "I've read all that I have three times over, I'm getting quite bored them."

Blinking away his surprise, Alois replied coolly. "Of course, darling. Would...you like to come up to the library to choose your books?"

"Yes!" you cheered, beaming up at him. "I would love that, thank you very much!"

"You are very welcome, you've been very good. So it is the least you deserve," he stated, kissing you again. You chuckled against his lips.

"And what is the most I deserve?" you inquired, raising an eyebrow. Alois smirked, and kissed you again before straightening.

"We'll talk later," he said mysteriously before exiting the bathroom. Hannah signed when she was sure Alois was out of ear shot.

"[Name], what are you up to? You go from trying to murder the master, to bending to his every whim," she stated warily, an eyebrow raised at you.

"I haven't the faintest idea what you mean, Hannah, I'm offended!" I gasped dramatically. The maid stared at you evenly, awaiting your answer. Sighing, you leaned your chin back on your arms and looked away from her towards the door. "I'm tired, Hannah. I'm tired of living in constant fear of Alois. I'm tired of that dratted, icy cell. And I'm so very tired of being lonely. If I am forced to remain here for the rest of my life, then I want him to trust again. Plus – it's snowing, Hannah! I love the snow, I haven't been outside in months – although, that is my own fault – I've given up on trying make myself happy. I'm only playing along for Alois' happiness now. It makes me feel like we're young again."