(10) The Sweetest Thing

Start from the beginning

"Don't tell me you're actually considering it after what he did," Kyle said and I could swear that he actually looked disappointed.

"I'm not considering it, I'm doing it. I need to talk to him so that we can sort everything out," I replied.

"He's just going to hurt you Sweet Thing," Kyle said as he took his wallet out of his pocket. He threw a few notes on the table and then got up and walked out of the diner.

I ran after him and caught up with him in the parking lot.

"Why are you acting like this?" I demanded, having had enough of his odd behavior.

"Because I care about you and I don't want to see you getting hurt," Kyle answered as he turned to face me. I could tell that he was telling the truth from the look in his eyes.

"I'm just going to go talk to him," I whispered.

"Ok Sweet Thing, let me take you home then," Kyle said as he turned around and walked to his car.

We drove home in silence. He hugged me bye like he always does and then took off. I felt kind of hurt that he didn't come in with me.

My mom was in the kitchen so I had to talk to her for a few minutes before I could sneak back to me room. My phone beeped again. I took it out and read the message.

Are you ignoring me now? Do you want to meet me or not?

I read the message over a few times before answering.

Yes, where do you want to meet? I wrote and then pressed send.

When my phone beeped again I was starting to feel exited. I knew everything about the situation was wrong but I just couldn't help myself. I looked at the message and then quickly threw my phone on my bed. Craig wanted me to come over to his house in about an hour. Olivia had dancing practice so she wouldn't be around for a while.

I wanted to look hot. I wanted to make him want me more then he wanted her. Craig lived nearby so I had a whole hour to make myself look irresistible. A few times while I was getting dressed and doing my makeup I started feeling guilty for what I was about to do but I pushed the thoughts aside and ignored them. I had to see Craig. We had a lot to talk about and hopefully after today everything will be out in the open. I hated sneaking around and lying to my friends. Although I doubted that Olivia would still be my friend after what I've done.

I waited exactly an hour before I headed outside and climbed into my car. I drove passed Craig's house to make sure that Olivia wasn't there and then turned around and pulled into his driveway.

Craig met me at the door and quickly locked it behind him.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, not that I really cared but I was feeling a bit nervous and wanted to make conversation.

"They won't be back until later, meaning we've got the whole place to ourselves," Craig answered, grinning at me. My tummy flipped and my heart started racing. I was finally all alone with Craig.

"That's good because we have a lot to talk about," I said, hoping that after our talk I was still going to feel as happy as I did at the moment.

"Talking is boring, I've got something much more interesting that we can do," Craig said as he took a step closer to me and placed his hands on my hips. His touch sent a trill of pleasure through my body but I couldn't let what happened at the party happen again. I needed to talk to him before I allowed things to go any further.

"No Craig, we need to talk before we do anything else," I said sternly.

"Ok, come on then," he sighed as he took my hand and led me over to a couch. We sat down facing each other and I felt so happy that we were finally going to sort things out.