Chapter I

Is one life worth saving, if you know it will cost thousands of others?  

Far in the distance of Tokyo lived one special soul. The soul possessed known power, yet dangerous to the things around it and its holder. And the holder was an innocent child that's parents tried desperately to protect. But from whom you may ask. From its own soul, that will eat it from the inside out. The power this soul had was power by the deps of hell itself, in other words from sins the being of the earth did. When the little girl was born to her mom, she was the most beautiful thing this world has ever been blessed with. Until the blessing turned into a curse, one that will doom the world once and forever...

My whole life I felt trapped, in chains. But why would someone like me be locked up miles away from any civilization? Simple I have paranoid parents. I know I can help this world. I know I am strong enough to change the world. Yet I am locked up in this big residence with the only human contact I ever had was mostly the servants and mother, rarely father. The only outside world I ever saw was in books. The beauty of it all is something I should not be debrief of. Which brings us into today's situation, you are standing in front mother with your head down of course. As she coldly scolds for the dozenth time. These words already common to your ears. The words were pretty and nice because your mother was always like that. But behind them she was just acknowledging your uselessness. She would say "Stop you will ruin your beautiful hands" or "Your father won't be happy to know his little princess was trying to run away" and in the end she will finish it with "You are the one precious thing the clan will protect till the end so why turn your back to it." She always saw your little training as a sign of rebellion. You were sick of it.

I decided I will ask for permission to leave on dinner. I spent 15 years trap in one place. What is the worst thing can happen? I start to overthink every possibility as I enter the dining room. "Is father not coming for dinner? I ask, ''No, he is in a meeting with the higher up" she answers. I sit as I thought its for the best he is not here. My mouth goes dry, the words are here but somehow not. I take a deep breath and say it "Will you grand me permission to leave the residence of Shirubā clan, mother?". Her eye shoot straight at me, expression of anger and confusion. "Do you want to die?" she yells slamming her fist on the table. I froze. This is not like mother. Before I can think of a reply, she continues" Don't you know the curses that roam outside of these walls or should I remind you" she yells," Honey you know the world a dangerous place for someone like you". Someone like me? These words went straight to my heart and so did my anger straight into words that fell from my mouth "Someone like me, mother? Is your own daughter that helpless in your eyes?" tears blur my vision as I stood up and left. My mother said nothing but continued on eating her dinner.

As I walk to my room, I can't help but wonder why? Why was I born without curse energy? It didn't add up. Both of my parents are powerful sorcerers. The Shiruba clan itself holds one of the most useful curse technique. The clan specialized in making weapons imploded with curse energy. Therefor was one of the richest if not the richest clan in Japan. So why did its only heir remain so powerless? I think about all of this as I walk the empty hall and then it dooms on me. Maybe its my desperation, maybe my hunger but as I look at the moon outside, I have the urge to leave... leave everything everyone. I know this was a suicidal mission...I smile to myself as I start running to my room. Packing the only few things I need, a thought came to me as a pass my father room. I enter and my eyes fall on his katana. Strech my arm to take when suddenly I feel strange dizziness, it gets worse the closer I get. I decided it's not worth it turn and leave. The second I am out in the garden I start running towards the walls that kept me here all this years. They were really easy to climb from the inside but not from the outside. I approach the walls. The closer I get the doubt in me starts to grow. Can I really do this? What if mother was right? I stear at the walls. Anxiety and Doubt feel my mind. Then a voice in my head starts to speak and chases the clouds away. Slowly I start to climb the wall and in matter of seconds I am outside. Finally, I can feel the wind blow, everything is different. I start to walk around silence feels my ears, maybe some animal sounds here and there.

An hour passes as I stop to take a breath. When suddenly something heave falls on my lungs. Looking up you see a strange being bug like big and nasty. What the books would describe as a curse. Oh, so that's how a curse looks like I thought to myself, only second later to realize its here to suck my soul. I get up and start running, I don't have stamina to outrun a curse, especially not one that flies. My mind is racing everything I have ever read about curses anything, I remember only people with curse energy can see curses. So that means I was right all along and now I probably have some chances of getting out in one piece. I stop in my tracks and wait for the curse to come while trying to find something of an energy in me. While I was lost in thought, the curse has already caught up to me. One hit sends me straight to the nearby tree. As I fight to regain consciousness, I remember one more thing people that have a near death experience with curses...also see curses. So, either I already signed my death or I am going to be my own savior. I slowly try to get up as I see the curse charging toward me. Putting my arm as I feel somewhat of a curse energy in my body. I open my eyes to see something like a black tentacle strangling the curse until it explodes. Tiredness wins me over and I start to close my eyes. Maybe a little nap would be good...