Part 11

"I hate you." You pouted as Ransom drove up to Harlan's home.

Ransom chuckled as he placed his hand on your bare knee, sliding it up to your thigh. "No, you love me, remember?" He teased.

You hummed, "I'm struggling to at the moment." You smiled to yourself. You turned to look at him. "I wished you'd have stayed the night." You admitted.

Ransom let out a soft sigh, glancing at you. "Me too."

"So why didn't you?" You asked with a knitted brow.

Ransom frowned as he slowed and came to a stop, "... Because I knew we'd end up having sex."

"Since when is that a bad thing?" You asked jokingly.

Ransom smiled softly, "I want this to work, Y/N. I don't want to fuck it up." He smiled at you softly as he pulled up outside Harlan's home, "I need to earn your trust again. I know, you keep saying I didn't do anything wrong but... I need to not be typical, Ransom, right now... I need to as, Harlan, has repeatedly said, I need to 'woo' you." He scoffed making you laugh. "I want to take you on a couple of dates, get to know you."

You giggled, "You already know me, Ransom."

He shook his head, "You know what I mean." He smiled. "I want to take you to dinner tonight."

You nodded, "It's a date." You leaned over and gave Ransom a kiss, placing your hand on his thigh as you did.

The moment was cut short by the sound of Linda shouting from the front door.

Ransom huffed and opened his door. "Still love me?" He asked.

You hummed, "As long as you love me." You smirked at him.

The pair of you got out of the car and walked round to the front of it where Ransom took your hand in his and lifted it to his lips to press a kiss to the back of it as he gave you a wink.

The house was silent as the pair of you entered. Ransom took your coat and hung it up with his before he guided you into the living room where every one was seated.

"I'm glad to see you came, Y/N." Harlan stood up and gave you a hug. "He seems less moody." He whispered making you chuckle.

"Don't jinx it, we've only been here a minute." You joked.

Harlan smiled and tapped the seat beside him. "Sit. Ransom, will get you a drink, won't you son?"

Ransom nodded, "What would you like, beautiful?"

"Oh, just a water, thank you, Ran." You smiled.

He sent you a wink before he went off to get you a drink.

"So, you talked?" Harlan asked once Ransom was gone.

You nodded, "We did."

"And you've sorted out whatever it was?" He asked.

You nodded again, "I'm not telling you." You smirked at him knowingly.

Harlan chuckled, "I knew you wouldn't." He smiled and looked at his grandson as he walked back into the room with two glasses of water. "What are you drinking?"

"Water." Ransom sat beside you on the love seat and handed you a drink. "What? I can drink water, you know?"

Harlan held his hands up, "No, I know, I just don't think I've ever seen you drink it before." He teased making you laugh.

"This isn't time for jokes, dad." Linda started. "Aren't we going to talk about his behavior, last night?" She scowled at you.

"What's there to talk about?" Ransom frowned as he slipped his arm around your shoulders.