The Base Violence Necessary for Change

(Y/n) POV)

Vander: "We don't have much time."

Vi: "How did you find us?" He grabs both of our shoulders.

Vander: "I'm proud of the both of you. Always have been."

Vi: "I'm sorry, I... this is the only way to protect the others."

Benzo :"Vander."

Vander: "You've got good hearts. Never lose them. No matter how the world tries to break you. Protect the family." Vander quickly grabs Vi, and begins pushing her.

Vi: "What're you-" He threw her into a back room. "No." He then turns to me, and grabs my shoulders. I nodded before walking in. Nothing had to be said. Vander closed the door behind me as Vi tried to break out. "Vander! Let us out. This isn't right."

Enforcer: "I'm guessing that's for me."

Brat: "You gonna let us make the arrest or not?"

Vander: "You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke. Won't you?" I quickly turned and began beating on the door.

"Vander! You can't!"

Enforcer: "I'm not putting you away, Vander."

Vander: "The Council needs its pound of flesh."

Enforcer: "Without you down here, it all falls apart." I leaned my head against the door as tears begin leaking from my eyes.

"Vander... don't..."

Vander: "Benzo will handle things.  He may not have my devilish charm, but he runs a tight ship."

Vi: "Vander, no! You can't do this."

Enforcer: "You won't be coming back for a long time."

Vander: "I know." I ram my shoulder into the door.

"What is this door made of?" I muttered. "Vander! Quit it please. Don't do this Vander! We need you!"

Enforcer: "Why?"

Vander: "It's the only way."

"VANDER!"

Vi: "Benzo, open the damn door!" Vi and I kept hitting the door until we heard a scream. "What's happening?" Vi ran over to the little window, and tried to look out of it. Only for blood to splatter over the window. I gasped and walked over to Vi.

"Vi? What's going on?"

Vi: "I-I-I don't know..." I couldn't see as Vi was the only one looking out of the window. I was too scared to see what was going on. "No!" Vi screamed, and as she slumped down on the wall I pulled her into a hug. She started crying against my chest as she wrapped her arms around me.

'Don't cry... Don't cry... Stay strong (Y/n)... Vi needs you to stay strong.' We stayed in the same spot for a couple minutes until the door opens. We both looked towards the door to see Ekko walking in. Vi released me before standing and running over to Ekko and hugging him. Vi wrapped her arms around him as Ekko began to cry as well.

Ekko: "I saw everything. Be-Benzo. They..."

Vi: "What about Vander?"

Ekko: "They took him."

"Where?" I stood and walked over to the two.

🪄

Mylo: "Well, if the enforcers hit tonight, we'll be ready... I think."

Claggor: "Dibs on the bat."

Mylo: "No, no, no ,no. I found it."

Claggor: "But I called it."

Arcane X Male Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें