Penelope Benjamin Stark's Narrative (Chapter 13.5)

(AN: I swear this'll be the last Jekyll and Mr Hyde reference)
(AN2: Whilst reading the comic for Penelope, which this chapter is heavily based on, I realised Flash is very friendly with Penelope. I hope you don't mind that I do this in a later chapter with our Flash. I hope you don't cause I'm gonna lol.)
(AN3: Thanks to Thermitespider on Imgur for scanning the whole comic. It took WAY too long to find. That's the reason this chapter took so long to come out.)

Penelope's POV
"Well, I've got some time to kill Dad, so I may as well tell you how Spider-Girl came to be." I say as he nods.

"It all started a while ago. On an unassuming Orson lab field trip during 3rd grade. I had got up that morning, ate my breakfast, acted like a normal, unassuming child. Cause that's exactly what I was..."

(Seven Months Before Chapter 1...)
"I had been to school, they did roll call, and piled us onto the school bus. I ended up sitting next to Ned, my bestie. MJ sat in front of us. Nothing eventful happened on the bus there, or in most of the trip, but then our class got to the testing/radioactivity room...

Once we reached the room, Flash ran off, one scientist questioned "Is it safe for kids to be in here?" while Flash climbed on something, another scientist asked "Now who here can tell me about "radioactivity"" and I took one glance at MJ, and immediately I knew she was bored.

"Could this BE any more BORING? Gawwwwww"

I quietly dismissed MJ for now. "Shh! I'm trying to take notes."

MJ responded, by taking my notebook. "Pfft. You know Ms Kraven is going to give us a worksheet with all this on it. Why bother?"

"Hey! Give that back!" I softly yell at her in a bit of anger, while not trying to raise the attention of the scientists and Mrs Kraven.

MJ simply giggled and tossed all my loose pages everywhere. Then, as if with immaculate timing, the spider made it's move but I didn't notice it yet.

"Here you go... Oh! Ew! There's a spider on you!" MJ said as she passed my now-loose-page-less notebook. Only then did I notice the spider. I of course reacted as many a child would. With hysteria. It DID bite me after all.

"AH! IT BIT ME! EW! EW! GET IT OFF! EWWWW!" I screamed in a bit of pain and fear whilst everyone laughed. (I could see some anger in Dad's eyes as I said that.)

"GROSS!" I shouted when I finally got the spider off of me. Less than a minute later, Flash killed it.

"Got him! Oh! That felt like a crunchy one." Flash said as he raised his foot.

"Flash! Ick." "Aw... You didn't have to kill it..." both me and MJ respond in a bit of a grossed out way.

After that everyone started to head outside to head back to the bus. Well, everyone except me. I still had to grab my loose pages after all. But after a while, I started feeling ill, and it wasn't your run of the mill headache, oh nonononononono. I could shoot webs now, and lots of them. Since I only had these powers for all of a minute, I destroy my notebook with the webs and get myself stuck to the ceiling. While trying to get down I monologue to myself.

"Oh no. I'm a weirdo... No wait... I already was a weirdo... I'm WEIRDO-ER! What am I going to do?! I can't let anyone see me like THIS. I just need to calm down. Breath, Penelope. Obviously, I was bitten by a freak spider and now I'm a freak spider person... WHO HAS GROSS SPIDER POWERS AND OH MY GOD THIS IS THE WORST THING."

I eventually did get down from the ceiling, but then I had a new problem to deal with. I could hear MJ's voice. From outside. "Penelope? Where is she? She's going to miss the bus..."