Chapter 12 - Christmas Presents, Christmas Day

The next morning, Fengjiu was the first one to wake up, bright and shine. She gets ready in a hurry, just so she can do one thing that she's been thinking of all night long. As she is lying in bed all night, she is either tossing and turning or staring at the ceiling, while those little invisible bugs bite away at her. No one will ever guess what she wants to do at all, not even Donghua. Her mind only has one word that keeps on repeating over and over again until she does it.

BREAKFAST! She quietly exits her room and tippy toes into the common room. She's hoping not to wake Donghua up in the process but little does she know that he's already awake. The moment she cracked open the doors to her room he had woken up. He wants to see what his little mischief fox is up to, sneaking around like this. She sits down in front of the work desk where the phone and all the other hotel information are. She slowly pulls open the drawer and digs through all the paper and binders for the one thing she wanted to look at desperately, the menu.

She isn't the best learner in a lot of fields but there is one thing she learned the best aside from cooking, is revenge! Her Gugu once told her, "If someone dares to hurt you, you need to make them pay back at least ten times, for what they have done. AN EYE FOR AN EYE!" Fengjiu unfortunately, accidentally had witnessed what her uncle-in-law's crazy adopted sister had done to her Gugu. That crazy Sujin had almost ruined her, Gugu's wedding and life. It almost made her Gugu break up with her uncle YeHua.

Sujin faked her own accident which everyone thinks BaiQian was the one behind it. Sujin's calculations never foreseen a different outcome. She had planned a fake accident that had turned into a real one. Which caused her to need BaiQian to give up her corneas or else she and her foster parents would bring everything to the court. Using BaiQian's freedom, sight and love against her, making her give up YeHua, was Sujin's final wish.

YeHua didn't believe that his Qianqian is a heartless woman. He hasn't been with BaiQian for a long time but long enough to know that his Qianqian doesn't do little things to gain his attention. YeHua searched high and low for any evidence to prove she is innocent. Finally, he found a car that was parked nearby with a dashcam that filmed everything that had happened. Sujin was then kicked out of  YeHua's family and now living in poverty. Soon she got onto a waiting list for a suitable pair of corneas donations.

Unfortunately, she later found out that she has a very rare immune system that only can accept donations from specific blood types, which only all the Bais have in the whole of Hong Kong. Wow talking about karma. How karma can give you another good kick to the stomach when you least expect it. If this accident wasn't a set-up plan of hers, her adoptive family would have used all the resources and money to help her find other suitable donors around the world. To the very end, the only one that still stays by her side, even after she has nothing left, is her little maid that she grew up with. There is a very good idiom to describe her current situation, 'you fall into your own trap' or 'you eat the fruit you have planted'.

BaiQian had arranged an excellent care team to make sure that Sujin lived healthy so she could suffer from what she has done. She had invited Sujin to their wedding even though she couldn't see, but she could listen to all the happy laughter and all the lovey-dovey speeches throughout the whole wedding. Sujin's dream was to marry YeHua but now, she has to just watch him or as BaiQian says, listen to him marrying someone else. Everyone in the Bai wanted to take her to court, to press charges on Sujin but BaiQian considered these punishments more than enough as her payback.

So, Fengjiu is now determined to make this trip worth every single penny because this hotel made Donghua and her get into an argument. They hardly get into any arguments because Donghua always lets her make the calls. The only time that they do get into an argument is when Fengjiu wants to move a bit faster and further in their relationship. She just gets a bit annoyed with Donghua for not taking more initiative and deepening their relationship. But, it normally takes her a few hours to calm back down. Or Donghua will do everything he can to cheer her up. They sometimes consider this as a normal couple's quarrel or challenge.