Chapter 15- The Siege Where Everything Went Wrong

Start from the beginning

  "What are you doing here?" his professor questioned, mortified at the sight of the Prince. "I didn't help you escape just so you could break back in. You have to get out before Miraz learns you're here."

  Caspian smirked as he unlocked the shackles. "He's going to learn soon enough."

  James span around, momentarily to see the grey bearded Professor. "We're giving him your cell."

  Caspian attempted to leave the prison room, but his Professor held him back by the wrist, frustrated. "Don't underestimate Miraz as your father did."

  "What are you talking about?"

  "I'm sorry..." At that, Caspian ran out, past James and ignoring his Professor.

  Concerned, the King followed suite. "Caspian!"

     James didn't know where the Telmarine Prince was heading, but followed him anyway. The Castle was new to him: even when he lived in Cair Paravel for more than ten years, he felt as if he barely knew the place. This was like hell.

     It was only when they ran into the room that James understood where they were. It was Miraz's room. Him and his wife were lying together in bed, asleep.

    James stopped by the door, afraid of what Caspian would do next. Slowly, the Prince skulked around to Miraz's side of the bed, and withdrew his sword, silently.

  "Caspian..." James hissed, edging closer to the black haired boy. "Caspian... this isn't a good idea."

  The blade touched Miraz's neck, maliciously. That was when the Telmarine awoke. "Thank goodness you're safe."

  "Get up." Commanded Caspian, harshly. It made James nervous to see him that way.

  As Miraz got out of his bed like his nephew had stated, he tapped his wife's stomach. "Caspian?" Prunaprismia queeried, kneeling on the mattress.
  "Stay where you are.."

  "What are you doing?" His aunt couldn't believe what was happening. A sword was at Miraz's neck.

  "I should think it's obvious, dear." Miraz suggested. "You know, some families might consider this inappropriate behaviour."

  "That doesn't seem to have stopped you." Caspian hissed, pushing the sword harder against Miraz. He didn't seem to care of the damage, and that was more worrying than anything.

  Lowly, the King whispered. "You should calm down Caspian, really."

  "But you're not like me, are you." The Telmarine spat, disgusted. "It's sad. The first time you've shown any backbone... and it's such a waste."

  Prunaprismia called, rigging a crossbow and aiming it at her nephew. "Put the sword down, Caspian. I don't want to do this."

  "Don't you?" Spat James, grabbing a small knife from his belt. It was the perfect size for throwing: no one ever survived one of James' shots.

  "We don't want you to either." Susan stated as she walked into the room, her arrows angled towards Miraz's wife.

  "This used to be a private room." Scoffed the Telmarine.