𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

'What? No,' he immediately answered. He lifted his hand from her waist and moved it towards one of her wrists, gently pulling her hand away from her face.

'No,' Seren said again, almost sternly, when their eyes locked and Rosaleen dropped her other hand as well, the sad blue in her eyes even more evident due to her emotions.

'First off,' he began, stroking a strand of her wavy hair behind her ear as he softened his voice, 'there is no "I" in "we", and I'm fairly sure tonight was an act between two people. I don't think we ruined our friendship, no,' he said with a smile that made Rosaleen's heart flutter with hope.

'Really?' she asked and he nodded, caressing her cheek with his thumb.

'Really. If anything, I think this only strengthens our friendship. There are no more barriers between us now. I can finally show you how much I truly care for you, how much you deserve to be loved.'

Rosaleen's mind wandered to the events of last night, remembering with a slight blush how his hands and lips had travelled over her body, how he had sent all kinds of pleasant shivers through her. It had felt so right at that moment, when her lonely mind had needed someone, but maybe it would still feel right now.

'Let me show you,' Seren whispered, inching closer towards her lips but he still held her gaze. 'May I show you?'

Rosaleen's breath had caught in her throat by his sweet words so she simply nodded, unable to speak. She sneaked her arms around his neck while he closed the last remaining distance between them, capturing her lips with his own and his hand left the side of her face again to explore her body, travelling farther and farther down. . .

✶••━━━━━━••✶

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 as she made her way to the library of Cair Paravel. The bright daylight filled the northside of the castle and the happy clacking of her high heels bounced off against the walls, the banners and tapestries unable to swallow the sound.

While Seren and Alexander had taken a small boat to catch some fresh fish for the festive dinner tonight, Rosaleen had decided to find Susan in the busy castle.

The guests for the celebrations were almost everywhere and the hallways buzzed with energy as they enjoyed their stay at Cair Paravel to the fullest; Estrella held a tea party with the Ladies in the citadel's blooming garden, Lucy entertained the younger ones by having set up a scavenger hunt throughout and around the castle, and Edmund had organised a small tournament at the courtyard for the Lords who were ready to test their skills against the Narnians.

Rosaleen knew however, that Susan didn't thrive all too well in the busy atmosphere and the naiad Saffira had told Rosaleen that the Queen could indeed be found in the library.

The way to the library led past Peter's studies as well and Rosaleen glanced inside before she could stop herself since the oaken door stood wide open.

The High King sat behind the sturdy mahogany desk, the deep colour of the tabletop barely noticeable as it was buried underneath rolls of parchment, thick books, an ink pot and a chaotic collection of quills pointing out of a black marble chalice. Even with the celebrations going on, the High King of Narnia worked further.

Peter looked up just when Rosaleen glanced inside, as he had heard the approaching footsteps and their eyes crossed.

Rosaleen quickly averted her gaze with the intention of speeding past his study but he called her back before she could do so.