Chapter 3 - The Confession

Michael looked lost for words. There was a silence. A pretty long one too. You finally broke the silence. "I-I'm sorry..." Michael looked at you. "It's okay. Just a bit surprised.." The silence continued. Michael finally said something after around 5 minutes. "You could've said something.." "I know...I'm sorry. I just knew you wouldn't like me back." Michael looked at you and smirked. "Who said I didn't?" You turned red faced. "Uh- I- I- Uh-" You couldn't manage to get anything out.

"Well?" 

"N-nobody..." 

"Exactly." 

Finally, after that long period of awkwardness, he made eye contact with you. Sure enough, He pulled you in, and kissed you. It wasn't anything involving tongue kissing, it was just a simple kiss. The kiss lasted about 10 seconds. Michael finally pulled away. You were lost for words. You weren't expecting him to kiss you! "Y/N, I never knew you felt the same way" 'Same way'? What the hell does that mean? "Same way?"

"Yes Y/N. The same way." He ran his fingers through your hair. You were extremely shocked. "So does that mean..." 

"Yes Y/N. I like you back." 

Those were the words you wanted to hear. You weren't expecting them, but you wanted them. The room went silent. You smiled a little. "So, Y/N?" You looked up at Michael and looked into his beautiful, deep blue eyes. "Hm?" You replied. "Would you like to go out on a date tomorrow night?" You were happy to hear his ask you this. You were not expecting it, but you were happy. "Yeah. I would like that." 

"That's great. So? Are we official?" 

"Only if you want us to be." 

"Well then, I guess we are official."

You two's conversation was interrupted by Clara calling the two of you downstairs for dinner. "Let's go, let's not keep your mom waiting." You said. "Okay, let's go then." You and Michael started walking downstairs. It must've already been around 8pm because William was already home. You two make it downstairs and you sit next to Michael at the dining table. 

"I'm sorry dinner was made so late. I was a little busy earlier and I lost track of time." Clara said. You could tell she was genuinely sorry. " It's fine Clara!" You said, assuring her that it was okay that dinner was a little late. She sat down your F/F on the table. "Woah! That's my favorite!" You said, happily. "I'm glad to know that." Clara said. She served you your F/D and began putting everyone's food onto plates. 

Everyone began eating. Until Michael decided that since the two of you were official, he was going to tell everyone. "Everyone," Everyone turned to look at Michael. "I have a girlfriend." (or boyfriend, depending on your pronouns!) Clara looked excited. "Who is it?" She said, excitedly. Michael looked at you. "It's Y/N." He said. You were slightly embarrassed until Clara looked at William and said, "Okay honey! I won the bet! Where's my 20 dollars!" Michael looked surprised. "You two made a bet?" Clara looked at Michael, "Of course! I always knew you two would end up dating, and your father didn't think the same. so we made a bet!" William was already getting out the 20 dollars to hand to Clara.

William handed the 20 dollars to Clara. "It seems like you won this one." He said. His voice didn't have any emotion. Finally Michael got up, and you stood up as well. "Come on Y/N, let's go upstairs to my room." The two of you go upstairs to his room and sit down on his bed. "So, Y/N, wanna watch a movie?" "Sure!" 

Michael turns on the TV to find the two of you a movie. He lays down on the bed and you lay next to him. He puts his arm around your shoulder and pulls the blanket over the two of you. The two of you get comfortable and watch the movie. After about 2 hours, you fall asleep with your head on Michael's shoulder.