↳˗ˏˋ thirty ˊˎ˗↴

Start from the beginning

"guys! there's our tower!" atsumu pointed, everyone's eyes looking at the giant tower with "team japan" all over it. the boys ran faster than they ever had before, [y/n] groaning as she trailed behind.

once they got inside, they were shown to the floor where the volleyball teams would be, and [y/n] was shown to the staff floor. she found herself rooming with asami and eiko, much to her relief. there would also be five other female staff members, which was no issue at all: everyone was friendly.

[y/n] and eiko decided to pair off in one room while asami paired off with one of the other girls. [y/n] initially felt bad about splitting up the two, but eiko reassured her that it was fine since asami would've preferred a more quiet roommate. they got their things settled and tested out the cardboard beds, impressed with their stability. [y/n]'s phone vibrated against the side table, seeing the group chat light up. it was mostly them yelling at her to come to their floor.

she headed up that way, strolling a bit aimlessly as she glanced around out the windows. the views were amazing. she found the tiny hallway of rooms where the boys were and knocked on one of the doors, being greeted by ushijima. "you guys figure out your roommate situation?" she asked, leaning against the doorway.

"we drew sticks," aran sighed.

"you don't seem excited."

"i got atsumu," he deadpanned.

"i'll pray for you," she patted his shoulder.

"[y/n]! how's your room?" hinata asked.

"it's alright! i'm rooming with eiko, and asami is one room over."

"did you end up in a four person unit or an eight person unit?" yaku asked.

"eight. there's not that many female staff, so we all fit in two eight-person rooms," she shrugged. the rooms were fairly minimalistic; each bedroom had two beds and closets, and the main living space was just a table with some chairs. seeing as they wouldn't be in here most of the time, it didn't make sense to blow the entire housing budget on fancy furniture.

"you guys settled in yet?" they heard at the door, turning to see iwaizumi. "oh, hey [y/n]."

"hey," she waved.

"we're good. have you seen oikawa yet?" hinata asked. iwaizumi shook his head, a little grin on his face.

"i'm sure we'll see the bastard soon enough. you know how he is."

"can i punch him?" kageyama muttered, hinata smacking him upside the head.

"he-" ushijima started, but both kageyama and hinata smacked him upside the head.

"don't even start," they flatly stated.

"oikawa?" [y/n] raised a brow.

"our friend. he plays for argentina," iwaizumi explained.

"ah," she clicked her tongue.

"can we go eat? i'm fucking starved," atsumu pouted, slumping in the chair.

"for once, i agree with him," suna shivered.

"they're serving lunch soon, if you guys want to head over to the eatery," [y/n] glanced at the schedule on her work phone, "they've got over seven hundred food options."

"seven hundred food options?" hoshiumi and komori peeked their heads into the apartment.

"well don't just stand there blocking our door, let's go!" bokuto scurried out, the others following in suit. [y/n] sent eiko and asami a text asking if they wanted to join them, to which they agreed to meet up there. "holy mother of god, i'm in heaven," bokuto drooled the moment they stepped inside, food spread across their entire first floor.

"and yet, the mcdonald's line is atrociously long," sakusa snorted.

"i mean, to be fair, mcdonald's is consistent wherever you go. all these different foods could be hit or miss, but you don't usually want to risk it when you're already stressed out," [y/n] pointed out.

"i don't give a fuck. where are the plates at? your boy is going in," bokuto sassed, bolting off immediately to track down plates.

eiko and asami showed up soon after, the three girls wandering around to view all the food options before making a final decision. they found the boys soon enough and joined them at the table, everyone now swapping and trading like this was elementary school lunch.

"oh my god, this bread is amazing eiko. where did you get it from?" hakuba asked, muffled by his full mouth.

"there's a little spot by the corner," she pointed in the general direction.

"guys," yaku started, holding his water bottle up, "we fucking made it."

"ikkinomi!" they cheered, tapping their water bottles before continuing to eat.

"well well, i guess things never change," they heard some say. [y/n] turned to meet the eyes of a tall man with dark brown hair and corresponding eyes. he was handsome.

"well well, if it isn't shittykawa," iwaizumi appeared, a grin on his face as he patted his friend's shoulder.

"oikawa, it's so good to see you again!" hinata bubbled in excitement.

"likewise. i feel like we haven't seen each other in eons," oikawa told them. his eyes fell onto [y/n], his interest piqued. "you're new."

"that's [y/n], our social media manager," kageyama told him.

"nice to meet you, [y/n]. feel free to call me toru," he smiled.

"nice to meet you as well," she politely nodded.

"you joining us?" iwaizumi asked him.

"can't, i've got to get back to my room. my roommate is a sneaky one; he might snoop through my stuff," oikawa chuckled, "but maybe dinner. i'll see you guys around!" he headed out, iwaizumi taking a seat across from [y/n].

"that damned idiot."

"he seems nice."

"yeah, something like that," kageyama snorted.

"i'm serious!"

"so are we," ushijima deadpanned.

[y/n] rolled her eyes, "oh, whatever. hurry up and eat; i need a damn nap and the rest of you need to unpack your shit." a chorus of groans and moans circulated the table.

"fine, mom."

"thank you, boys."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

omg i'm so sorry y'all i've been so busy akfbfhsifjsjdn

22k reads???? i'm going to throw up????

ily besties thanks for sticking through my shitty book