3

The first week of waiting was the hardest, but the second week felt like an eternity.

Gus would still call everday, so of course that allowed for some time to feel like it could pass. But this second week he wasn't calling as much, he still had to make sure that he had everything he needed and was keeping in touch with his new-found friends to discuss the mixtape.

Y/N had already cleaned majority of the apartment, it's not like she had much else to do while she waited for her boyfriend to get into Cali. She spent most of the days cleaning, listening to the small amount of music he had released to keep herself entertained, and then cleaning some more.

After so many days of boredom cleaning though, you start to realize how tedious it is. She was starting to get tired of getting up everyday just to attempt to wipe off a spot on counters that was never going to come out, or scrub stains out of the carpet that have definitely been there for longer than she had been alive.

She truly did not know what to do with herself anymore.

What else was she to do? She still had about 5 days until Gus would be there and she had cleaned every nook and cranny of the apartment. Her mom had done her part too, reaching up with a duster to wipe down the tops of the cabinets and the tops of the ceiling fans.

She sighed, giving up on trying to scrub the stain out of the carpet and throwing her rag to the side while simultaniously throwing herself onto the floor in exhaustion.

Jackson ran out from the kitchen, mouth dripping with water and tail wagging with excitement. He immediately rushed towards her, beginning to lick her face.

"Jackson, no, no, no, mister, you stop that."

She giggled, attempting to weakly push him away from her face.

He came back with more force each time, nearly jumping on her a few times, before he finally got tired of fighting her and just laid next to her panting and looking around the room. She smiled at him, lightly scratching behind his ears before groaning and sitting up.

She stood from the floor, grabbing the rag and walking into the kitchen to throw it onto the counter. Once that was done, she just stood there, unknowing of what to do next.

The apartment was spotless now (mostly), there was no more work for her to do. The boredom had set in once again.

Jackson waltzed into the kitchen, standing at her feet and seemingly smiling up at her. She looked down, puffing up her cheeks.

"What am I to do, Jackson, my dearest boy?"

Jackson tilted his head to the side, letting out a weak bark in response.

"No, silly, I've already cleaned the entire place multiple times, I've got to find a new passtime activity. What're you thinkin'?"

He barked again, louder this time before spinning in a circle.

"You are not full of the brightest idea, little man."

She walked out of the kitchen, Jackson hot on her heels, and made her way back into her bedroom for what seemed like the millionth time today.

She kinda missed when the days would just pass her by, when nothing would make her check the date and time every 2 minutes of her life.