chapter 7: the void of peters mind

When I realise where I was it was all to late to turn back. I walked along an empty dark room hearing echos of screaming. Someone crying in the distance. I begin to jog lightly towards the noise.

When I get closer I see a boy who must of been 6 or 7. His face was pressed hard into his legs his arms hugging them tight. "Hello?" I called out. The boy stopped and looked up at me. Through sobs he whispered something I couldn't hear. "I'm sorry?" I asked Stepping closer. "Don't l-leave me." He said reaching a hand out towards mine. I reached out my own to grasp when a black mist ripped him back into the darkness. His screaming cries the most haunted thing I'd ever heard. I ran after the cry until it stopped completely. I heard whispers around me. Some where louder, some where quieter. I heard another voice in the distance. A teenager with long black hair. He was holding a knife up to a chubby, nerd kid. He looked up at me holding the knife to his throat explaining what the kid did. "Can you belive this asshole? He tried to take off with my girlfriend." I heard in the distance someone yell "I'm not your girl friend you psycho freak!" I watched the teenager stand up and run at her with the knife. I placed me hand on his wrist stopping him. His expression softened as tears rolled down his cheeks. "Please don't leave me." He whispered before once again the darkness dragged him too screaming into the void.

I walked along once again hearing the cries, right and left the horrid voices that would never shut up. When I came across a man on his knees. His expression black and his clothes smothered in blood. He looked up at me confused and took a moment before saying "but you left me.." the blood began dripping horribly out of his eyes, his flesh falling while everything else fell into a puddle of blood on the ground. The stains couldn't be seen in the dark black void.

Up ahead I noticed a small light flickering. As I got closer I saw a warm fire burning. I saw a boy with Peter's eyes, maybe 4, sitting around it with his mother and his sister. He swung his feet and he toasted a marshmallow. "You made it!" He exclaimed pointing to a chair. I sat down. Next to me was a young girl maybe 3 and a women who oddly resembled my features. As I sat there and basked in the warm glow of the fire, a gun shot rang out. The fire flew out.

When light returned I saw the young boy with a strange man. His face was blurred. The mother sat in a corner, dead behind the eyes but still breathing. The man pulled an old saw out. He raised it, sawing through his mother's leg as she screamed. The man became impatient with her yelling and smacked her. The little boy cried as the man explained he did it to keep them safe.

The next scene was the mother tied to a post one arm and one leg missing. He eyes had no life left in them. The sister no where to be seen. As the man pulled the young boy by the collar to his truck slamming the door behind them. I sat in the back seat. I watched them drive deep out into the country side for hours. Until the car stopped in the middle of no where. The man pulled the boy and threw him onto the road. Watching as the boys blue eyes widened and he screamed. He begged the man to not leave him there. The man didn't say a thing. I scrambled to exit the truck before it took off just barely making it on time. The boy yelled and cried for him to come back. The boy looked up at me tears in his eyes "Please... don't leave me." I put my hand out and he finally held it. "I won't." I said as I got pulled into the darkness with him this time.

I came face to face with a devious looking creature, it's face contorted with every move its chuckle sent shivers down my spine. "You're a curious little thought aren't you?" Examining me as a part of Peter's mind. I shook my head no. The strange shadow man thought for a moment. "Shouldn't you be in the obsession are?" He asked. I just shook my head no again. "Do you have anything to say?" I paused for a moment. "Why do you plague this mind?" I asked him. He took a shock from that question. No one had asked him that before.

"You are mistaken, I am the protector of this mind." I decided to go on. "How is that?" The devious shadow twisted around my body like a cold breath of air. "Fear is the mortal enemy my child. It'll be the one to plague your mind." I looked confused as the show came close and whispered "justifying what fear lies before you is the only way to survive."

All of a sudden I understood. This must be the creature that takes over when Peter's mind is filled with anger. "But this mind doesn't need protecting anymore, not like that anyway." I pointed out. The creature grew larger and with a rough voice spoke sternly. "What kind of reason is that? This mind will forever need protection for it is plagued by tragedy and fear." It's voice echoed throught the void. "You don't need justification for every tragedy." And he curled back around me. "How would you know?" He laughed. I sighed knowing I might regret this.

"Because tragedy has been stricken in me and yet I have not demon to justify my actions."