chapter two: my world went silent.

Start from the beginning

"Sleeping, occasionally going out, watching YouTube," You elaborate, listening to how he hummed at every word that parted from your lips — liveliness was fond of your body, gifting you a divine youthfulness that coerced Eren to remain captivated by your presence.

"You and I are so alike. I used to do the same. I'm guessing you weren't a trouble maker?" You spew, your eyes set upon the fireplace as you rested your head against his shoulder.

"To my mum, I kind of was one. But overall, I kept my head down in school and avoided every single girl in my path and parties, no one was worth all that hassle." His hand finds its way nearby your body, adjusting his long coat against your body. He couldn't help by catch you slightly jolt at his touch, he shifted his hand away to avoid flustering you.

"I'm starting to think we're mentally the same. You seem so boring, but boring in the best way, Eren," His eyes turn to meet yours in newfound confusion, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"That you're somewhat responsible. As all the people many would party with or date, they've never really seen them again. I just like that you seemed to have a chill life, no dramatic party animal or whatever," You honestly admit, not an ounce of shame resting within you as all you ever spoke of was the average truth.

"You're right. So what were you in school?" Eren queries, his eyes finding the fireplace with subtle ease.

"I was just one of the sensible kids. I didn't do anything too dramatic or cause trouble, I just let life pass by," You bury your head sensibly against his shoulder, attempting to conceal the coldness that seemed to finally settle in a place that had once kept dotting butterflies: your stomach.

"So you're boring, too? I did exactly what you had spoken of." Eren speaks, allowing you to find comfort on his shoulder as you both dwelled on the storm that settled outside of the building. It was rather heavy, its wounded war cries were far from lulling the two of you to peace; an all-nighter was set to occur.

"Yeah, but it's different when it comes from you. You were spending a dozen minutes trying to figure out what to say about your childhood!" You allow a smile to plague your lips as you lean your head deeper against his shoulder, feeling as his breathing partially hitched at the feeling.

You partially distance yourself from him, pursuing a question that rested in your mind. "Eren, do I make you uncomfortable?" You say in softness, unable to suppress the feelings that welled inside of your body. He grew tense at the feeling of your body against his own, you were rather unsure why he did so.

"No, you don't make me feel uncomfortable. Why would you say that?" Eren questions, shifting his hand to rest upon your head, as he shifted your head against his shoulder, moulding you back into the position you were once in.

"You seem tense," You whisper, your eyes feeling as if they were faltering from the coldness increasing the tiredness within you.

"Just trying to keep you warm. I'm just trying to prevent you from getting a cold. Sorry if I seem tense." Eren tenderly smiles at you, playing his hands in his lap as you softly began to shake — you were unable to quell the coldness within you.

"Sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly thought I made you uncomfortable," You meekly speak, feeling as he let out a tender sigh, folding his lips before putting them out — discreetly trying to comfort himself on how to remain calm, he was partially nervous.