"Sorry, mommy," Bluma responds, squeezing her mother back.

"I'm sorry, too," Dagna says. "I was being way too harsh. I should not have raised my voice."

"It's okay." Bluma quickly forgives her.

Y/N and Diluc watch the scene with complicated expressions. Y/N smiles despite an awkward mixture of complex emotions resonating in her stomach at the sight of such a heartfelt family moment. She can't help but stare as the realization that such loving households exist hits her. Of course, she knows most families aren't like hers, but seeing such a genuine interaction between Bluma and Dagna leaves her with a sense of forlornness.

Although Diluc's expression remains stoic, his eyes now hold a sense of softness. The ghosts of his father and brother from when he was younger linger in his mind as he watches Dagna and Bluma embrace each other. He lets out a quiet sigh, praying that families like this never fall apart like his did.

"Thank you so much!" Dagna thanks Y/N and Diluc profusely as Bluma slips off the jacket and returns it to Y/N.

Bluma waves goodbye to Y/N and Diluc before she and Dagna retreat into the warmth of their house.

Y/N takes a deep breath in and out before turning to Diluc. "Well, that was certainly a lovely moment." She mumbles.

Diluc nods, humming softly in agreement before the two turn around to walk back to Y/N's house. Both of them are too entangled in their own thoughts to say a word, Diluc reminiscing on the past, and Y/N caught up in hers. Episodes of loneliness aren't strangers to either of them, having been left behind by their family or leaving their family behind. As if sensing each other's sorrow, they subconsciously walk closer together, shoulders touching and hands brushing against each other as they walk. They could both feel the gloomy atmosphere hanging over their heads.

Eventually, they intertwine their fingers, squeezing each other's hands comfortingly and occasionally sneaking glances at the other only to meet eyes and smile.

How grateful they are to be alone together.

-----

Bluma and Dagna stand on the other side of the front door, frozen in place. Bluma hears her mother's shaky breath in her ears as she's held close in a hug. Bluma watches in confusion as her eyes drift from her mother's furious yet terrified expression to the man sitting at their dinner table. Bluma recognizes him to be one of his mother's friends. However, looking at the exchange between the two adults, she's not so sure about that anymore.

"I told you, I had nothing to do with wherever your daughter had gone." The man says, a small smirk gracing his lips.

"Get out, Percival!" Dagna hisses venomously. "I don't want to see you ever again unless it's an emergency!"

"I can't come to visit my favourite ladies?" He chuckles but his jokes ricochet off of Dagna who is definitely not in the mood.

She glares at him. "Simply visiting is not a good excuse."

Percival leans against the table, narrowing his eyes at the fuming woman. "I think you forget who this house belongs to. The two of you would be homeless without me."

"And I think you forget why our house was demolished in the first place!" Dagna spits. "You destroyed our home, attacked the Knights of Favonius, and were on a mission to kill my husband all while you pretended to be a gracious friend extending an olive branch for us! And now, you have the audacity to say we owe you for a roof over our head?" She shouts. "Unbelievable!"

Percival's eyes flicker over to the window behind Dagna and Bluma, gazing out into the snow-coated city. He watches the two figures retreat from the house, his gaze trained on the shorter figure.

Percival gets up from the table. "Well, I guess I'll be leaving then." 

Dagna blinks, taken aback by his sudden departure after insisting to stay. She watches Percival slips on the Fatui uniform coat before walking past and leaving the house without another glance.

Bluma can feel the relief flood her mother and she relaxes against her.

"What happened, mommy?" Bluma asks.

Dagna shakes her head. "He's a very dangerous man, Bluma." She warns. "Don't talk to him or answer his questions, okay?"

Bluma's mind wanders back to this morning when she met that man near the front gates of the city. He had asked her if she knew where Captain Y/N was, but Bluma merely shrugged. Thankfully, she hadn't answered his question.

Dagna lets out a deep breath. "Let's get ready for bed, sweetie. I think we should go see your dad in Liyue soon."

-----

A/N:

For people asking about my update schedule, I don't really have one. Having a strict schedule kinda demotivates me, so I keep the updates loose. However, I try to update sometime between 4-7 days. Sorry, I know it's kinda inconvenient for some of you that don't have the wattpad app, but I don't want to risk getting disinterested in writing this.

-Bora 🌌