Runaway Cat

A/N: I don't usually write xreader stuff, so I imagined it with my own oc who uses she/her pronouns (and I usually don't even read xreader fics as myself lmao I just call them "Why-En"). If you're not into xreaders, you can substitute Y/N for something else :)

Y/N has never wanted to punch someone so hard in the face before.

Oh my Archons, just shut up! Y/N thought to herself internally while she sat with a smile, listening to Donna blabber on and on about that redheaded asshole.

"....Y/N do you know any good moonpie recipes?" 

Y/N snaps out of her thoughts. "No, I don't. Anyway, back to my original question." Y/N takes control of the conversation, bringing it back on track. "Have you seen a small black cat around?"

"Ah, right, Sorry, I haven't." The brunette responds.

Y/N mentally facepalms. Great, I just wasted two-ish hours listening to Donna gush about Diluc and got no useful information. "It's alright." It isn't. "I'll see you later, Donna." I let the girl continue helping Flora clean up and close their flower shop.

"Why is this damn cat taking me all day to find?!" Y/N groans out in frustration. 

The moon is now high in the sky, casting a silver glow down onto the city below.

The wind ruffles the white button-up tucked into Y/N's slim pants with the Knights of Favonius Insignia embroidered up the side of her thigh. Her black boots with golden accents echo through the nearly-empty alleys of the city. Shivering a bit in the night breeze, Y/N wishes her top wasn't as loose as it is- especially near the collar where the neckline dips down a little lower than considered modest. Adjusting her black and gold coat- matching with Master Jean's blue and gold one, she picks up the pace towards the front gates of Mondstadt.

"Good evening, Sir Lawrence." Y/N greets the Knight guarding the front gate of the city.

He lifts his hand to salute briefly. "Hello, Captain Y/N."

"Lawrence, have you seen a black cat leave the gates or lurking anywhere around here?" Y/N asks.

His blue eyes brighten. "Ah! I actually saw Timmie chasing a black cat away from the birds earlier today."

"Really?!" Y/N's eyes light up. "Did you see which way it went?"

He points to the path diverging to the right at the end of the bridge at the city's enterance. "I believe it went that way. Towards Springvale."

"Thank you so much! You're a life saver!" Y/N gives her junior a hug before running down the bridge. 

Unlike the other captains, Y/N- the captain of the Investigative Department, is known to be a bit less formal and more casual with the other Knights. She doesn't mind giving a hug or two as long as the other person is fine with it. Although her touchiness isn't quite the same as Captain Kaeya's. He's a bit more...flirtatious than Y/N.

This cat is giving me a workout. Y/N thinks as she runs towards the small town of Springvale nearby the city of Mondstadt, keeping an eye out for the cat along the way. Usually, her work consists of solving a few mysteries, tracking down the suspects, and taking out the culprit, not running all over the city looking for Margret's cat all day. 

"Help!" Y/N freezes in her tracks as the voice of a young child cries out.

She whips her head around to see a little boy stuck in a tree surrounded by three hilichurls. Hiding in a branch next to the boy, is a small, black cat. Found you! Y/N smiles, rushing over to kid.