Chapter 1

This was the moment. This was what it felt like to be the worst of them all. This was the feeling of humanity, pushing its luck till earth got destroyed at its limit. This was it, civilisation broke all the laws, the world was being wrecked bit by bit.

Mumei just stared blankly from a tall bulding, already destroyed from the brutal violence, the bulding didn't look habitable, the glass from the windows were scattered into pieces on the ground outside or on the floor inside. The whole place was a mess, papers everywhere on the floor, the desks weren't lined neatly like a proper work place anymore, this place even seemed like an office in the past.

From a destroyed and abandoned city, all Mumei could see was flames and destruction, she could hear in a far distance a crowd of people shouting and end everything slowly, she could feel the cold breeze of wind passing trough her arms, the wind made Mumei goose bumps and shivers down her spine. This wasn't great at all, this was the worst. How come this happened out of all situations ? How come every mankind decided to ruin earth, the only planet they had ? Mumei kept speechless, standing in a condition of deep shock while Baelz, Kornii, Fauna and Sana were meters away behind her.

"What.....what did I do wrong ?", Mumei finally spoke, her voice was trembling and even so quiet, as if she was whispering the words out. Everyone could see that Mumei, the guardian of civilisation, was indeed on the verge to cry, her eyes were forming tears and it felt like her own voice made her choke, unable to speak to her friends.

Every member from the council, except of the brown-haired girl, was looking at each other, even they were too shocked about this whole chaotic situation. The most heartbroken of the members was Fauna, the keeper of nature, since humanity was not only destroying the cities, but also were doing countless amount of damage to the nature too. It was obvious that Fauna couldn't forgive Mumei at this moment, she was the very first person to go away from that place, away from the current situation, away from Mumei herself.

In the end, Mumei was still there, now crying in silence, the tears dripping down from her chin to the ground while everyone, except a particular council member, moved away to their usual place. They still felt each other presence even if they were at a certain distance, yet it felt like they wanted to say something, something important.

"Why....why are you still here ? I.....I don't understand....", the brown-haired girl turned her head towards the person behind her. Mumei's eyes were dead, she had no emotions, she was mentally not there for now.

"I....Mumei, I don't know what happened, but I hope you can fix this somehow...right ?", the blue-haired girl finally spoke out, her voice was direct, yet calm. However, Mumei didn't answer, she kept staring at the council member, at her friend. Now the group of violent people were very far away, their screams and the loud noisiness weren't audible anymore, just the wind breeze blowing to their direction was heard.

"Right ?", she repeated herself, still no answer from the guardian of civilisation. Mumei just kept on staring at Kronii with her dead-looking eyes and shocked expression. After ten seconds passed, Mumei suddenly moved, she shook her head....

"No.....I can't fix this....Kronii...help me", Mumei looked at the blue-haired girl with a pleading expression, she was begging for help to fix the current difficult situation.

"Please I beg you Kronii....help me fix this mess I somehow made", Mumei's voice always failed, her voice was shaking and she was so near to have a panic attack.

"Mumei, I...I can't help you fix this...", Kronii was dead serious and looked at Mumei dead in the eyes. Of course the blue-haired girl knew deep inside, that at this moment she would cry instead, but had to endure it.

"But...why Kronii ?", Mumei came nearer, she was in disbelief, she was talking to Kronii, the one member she got very well along with. She stopped and just looked at her, still with the same expression, Kronii knew Mumei wasn't mentally good at all, but had to tell her what she thought about....

"Mumei....I can't help you, maybe...just maybe....it was wrong of us to chose a human as the guardian of civilisation...", and with that, she too, moved away from Mumei, leaving her behind, alone in the abandoned, destroyed city.

Arriving in the council, there was discussions and shouting loud and clear heard, there was just a lot going on, too much to process. Baelz's hands hitting the table many times was what made Kronii flinch a little.

"How could we let a mere irresponsable human do all of this ?", Baelz shouted in anger while everyone around the table went silent, how could Mumei cause so much damage ? This was basically impossible for her. Kronii joined in on the council and all the members in the room were now looking at the blue-eyed person in front of them.

"Kronii, why did you stay with Mumei for so long ? What did you talk about with her"

"Bae...she was begging for help...she doesn't even know what she did to cause all this"

"Bullshit Kronii !", the red-haired rat once again slammed her hands on the table really hard, now getting all the attention from everyone in the room. "How can she say this without even knowing what she did, huh ?", Baelz was furious, of course humanity and every life on earth was in danger, this was no fun situation, it was a very risky situation after all.

"But she admitted it herself, she had no idea what she did", Kronii fired back, protecting Mumei from all this mess, the warden of time couldn't believe that the guardian of civilisation tricked her and lied, her face said everything. With Kronii raising her voice, everyone, including Baelz, went silent. This wasn't a normal case, even unusual on top of it.

Gladly it stayed like that, but the council decided yet to forbid Mumei entering the council and even kicked her out from her place as the guardian of civilisation, with that, Mumei was nothing, worthless and didn't own anything. No home, no food, no safety for the brown-haired girl, what would she do now ? Was this her punishment for her not being careful enough.

Months later, Mumei was still around the one city she had been left alone, she realized by now that the council kicked her out from her ex-daily activities. She had no superpowers such as jumping higher than normal humans, higher stamina and an inhuman force that could break anything. So the brown-haired girl was back to being a basic, normal human-being, so she had to learn how to control her body without her past powers now. In the city, Mumei always searched up to find any berries to eat or wild animals to hunt. She made herself a place safe for her and started living on her own, she even planted her own berry farm, since she loved berries so much.

Even after many months passed, Mumei still felt sad and disappointed at what happened that one day, why couldn't Kronii just go back in time and check what she actually did ? Just like Amelia Watson, the detective with the power of going between timelines, why didn't anybody go back in time or helped her fix this mess together ? What did she even do in the first place ? Mumei woke up in the morning with these thoughts and imediately, Mumei's eyes started tearing up, she cried hard after a long time. After getting used to this new life, Mumei still missed the council and her other friends, mostly Kronii, the warden of time meant a lot to her. She remembered herself that one time, where Fauna told her jokingly....

"You should leave civilisation and join nature, nature is much better, nature doesn't destroy", "just how right Fauna was", thought Mumei, covering her eyes with her arm to protect herself from the bright sunlight. The brown-haired girl did devote herself to nature in the end and lived now the rest of her life in this abandoned city that was as abandoned and alone as Mumei was.

One day, Mumei fell sick, she had no strong immune system as before anymore, so her body turned weak. Yet she kept moving on and tried her best to stay strong. It was winter and Mumei caught a cold with high degrees of fever, this wasn't going to end well at all, her condition worried herself a lot. Finally, Mumei decided to rest on her safe space and laid down, pulled a huge blanket over her and let herself get some sleep for today.

At least for today she slept like she never ever did and that was when Mumei's nightmare begun...