valentine's special﹒ various ²

Start from the beginning

So, last minute, you picked someone random. Literally out of a hat at some sketchy store for lonely people. What were you thinking?

There were red flags everywhere. He showed up twenty minutes late. He hadn't texted you back, at all, for the entire day. No gifts.

You gave him a box of chocolates, with flowers, and he didn't even give a thank you. You ignored all of them, though, as you were completely desperate.

Scoffing, the man on the other end of the table continued to sip his wine, glaring in your direction. You looked everyone inside of the restaurant but him.

His menacing glare was enough to make you shrivel down in your seat. Then, he opened his mouth, "I'll have you know, you little—!"

Saved by the waitress that has been taking your orders, your date stopped his sentence. His eyes widened, quickly pretending as if he wasn't going to say anything.

The waitress, with her oh-so-kind eyes, gave you a small smile. In the process it looked as if she was giving a menacing glare to your date. Though, you were too busy trying to ignore the butterflies in your stomach when you locked eyes with her.

"Hello, has everything been alright? The drinks to your expectations?" her voice unwavering, small. You smiled brightly, the two of you giving a curt nod. Ignoring the veins popping out of the man in front of you.

     "What the hell is going on between the two of you? Don't think I'm not noticing that look on your face, [Name]. Cheating on me on the date, in front of my face?" the man gritted, slamming his fists on the table.

The waitress narrowed her eyes at Hiro, sending a questioning glance. "Sir, there is so need for that kind of language—" Hiro shushed her, standing up from his cushioned seat. Throwing some cash on the table, he walked away from the establishment.

Eyes widening in shock, you scrambled to turn around and watch him leave the building, without a say. A blubbering mess, if you please, you turned back to the waitress, who was glaring daggers at the door Hiro just waltzed out of.

You didn't know whether you should be upset or glad. Sure, he was a complete jerk, but he also thought you were one? He was the one to walk out on you, and not the other way around. What a turn of events.

Groaning, you placed your head onto the table. Feelings rushing in and out of your mind, like a marathon. You also noticed the cute waitress was gone.

You contemplated on whether or not you should stay. You hadn't eaten dinner yet, but it would also be embarrassing to sit at a table alone on Valentine's Day at a busy restaurant. The food here was amazing, as you have heard, so you didn't want to miss out on it.

Finally deciding with yourself, you sat straight up, waiting for the waitress to come back by again. The grumbles of your stomach plagued you on.

After waiting for another couple of minutes, in complete boredom, the waitress came by again. You felt guilty for the looking at her name tag, and not paying attention to when she stated her name at the beginning.

"Here's your check," she, Kokomi, stated with a small smile, sliding your check across the table. Quirking your eyebrows, you slid the check back over to her.

"Well, excuse me, Kokomi. I was still going to order some food... It isn't required to have a date, correct?" you snapped, squinting your eyes to look up at her. To be honest, you didn't mean to snap at her, but you felt a little silly to be here alone, so you had to take it out on something.