"(Y/n), I don't know what you're thinking right now, but there are no ulterior motives for me getting so close to you. You're already aware of our deal, how you promised your being to me, and I think it's petty at this point to think I'm deceiving you for some ill-willed game. You are mine as I am yours, and I am only fulfilling my desire to be beside you, that is all." His tone left no room for argument as he approached once more, and pulled you into a loose hug. There was nothing brought with it, no warmth, no possessive grasp, just a hug. He pulled back a few seconds later, laying his hands on your shoulders. "See? Nothing. Nothing at all."

You nodded, relaxing a little. Paranoia, that's what it was. He's not human, and a bit unpredictable, but he means well for the most part. You're working yourself up out of nowhere... he's not gonna murder you. He won't. He wouldn't.

"Now. I think we should take a change of pace and get some breakfast. Does that sound good, My Pearl?" He coaxed you to the hatch, moving to where he had his arm against the small of your back. You swatted his hand away, rolling your eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Just stop feeling me up, it's weird." You rolled your shoulder, climbing down the spiral staircase. Mothrax followed close behind, swooning like a lovesick puppy as always.

"Whatever you say, my handsome little Pearl~" he hummed, close enough to your shoulder that a warm puff of air fanned over your nape as he spoke. You ignored the proximity, focusing more on the fact his breath was warm, meaning he was maintaining a healthy body temperature. Good, he was healing fast. Can't let this idiot die from idiot brain syndrome.

———————

The two of you ate within his temple, with a plate of grilled carp for you, and a selection of unrecognizable sliced fruits for Mothrax. The sun was still low against the horizon, peaking out in between the pillars of gilded limestone. You picked the meat off the bones with your fingers, practically inhaling it as you went, all the whilst the deity sat across from you, glaring at the platter in disgust. You looked up at him and paused.

"What...? You mad I'm eating an animal or some crap?" You quipped between flaky chunks of meat haphazardly shoved into your cheeks. Mothrax scoffed, shoving a slice of what looked like a blue citrus fruit into his gob, chewing for a moment, then spitting out the rind.

"No, I could honestly care less about you eating meat. No, I'm more focused on the... eugh.. the smell... how do you even eat that?" He motioned to the half eaten, messy pile of bones that remained of the fish. You shrugged, continuing to pile food into your mouth. For some reason, it tasted beyond divine, alike to how that exotic species of salmon the twins provided was. It was a familiar taste, but just, different in a good way. "Honestly, I don't understand the diets of you mortals. The fruit here is obviously the better choice, rather than some horrid smelling carcass.."

With that note, he leaned back and closed his eyes, just soaking in the domestic sounds of you enjoying your meal and the wind gently curling around the stonework of his temple. It was quiet for the next 15 minutes, with you finishing your meal and having a servant silently take away both of your plates when you laid down opposite to the deity. It almost sounded like he was asleep, taking slow, even breaths and laying comfortably still. You were about to doze off too when his voice broke through the silence.

"It's finished." He hummed, stretching out in the sun like a lounging cat. You sat up, looking over at him confused.

"What is?" You tilt your head, moving to sit criss crossed as he remained laying down. He peaked an eye at you through thick lashes, slightly raising an eyebrow at your question.