07 - It's not like this will happened...okay? (3)

Start from the beginning

“Although I am unable to give you what nobles possess, I can give you my promise. I will always protect my little sister, will not let her come to the slightest harm.”

Gu Qianhua was completely silent. She may know what will happened but…personally witness this is different that reading in a book. This words…it’s touching.

“If one day, there are very many people wanting to kill me, and you are unable to defeat those people, then what?”

Xiao Wu asked him with her eyes reddened. Tang San unexpectedly revealed a tiny smile, answered,

“Then let them to first step over my corpse.”

Now everyone was silent. The red of the setting sun gradually slipped away. By now, in the sky above, the stars already softly emerged.

“…Brother.”

Xiao Wu finally broke the silence simply in one word. All along holding back tears, as this moment finally fell. Tang San’s shaky hand holding Xiao Wu’s, speaks in gentle voice,

“Thank you…little sister.”

Clap! Clap!

Both of them flinched in the clapping sound and turn their heads to the source of clapping. There, they saw Gu Qianhua clapping as they look at them in stoic expression.

Actually, she unconsciously clapping which breaks her invincibility, ‘Oh well, what’s done is already done.’

“…That’s the most emotional confession I’ve ever seen.”

‘Well…I’ve seen many like this, actually.’

“W-When have you come back?!” Xiao Wu stuttered in surprise from Gu Qianhua’s arrival. Tang San is no exception.

“When Tang San said ‘Thank you’ to you. Because I don’t want you guys to disturb, I’m hiding not far from you two.” Gu Qianhua said. She was not wrong, she was hiding, as being invincible.

“Well…since both of you agreed to be a brother and sister, I won’t disturb you any longer.”

Gu Qianhua was about to leave them when a small hand caught her arm which makes her stop. Tang San stop her to leave.

She look at him in confusion, “…Why do you stop me?”

“I…” Tang San gathered his courage until he say it, “Gu Qianhua, are you also willing to be my little sister? I also wanted to ask you too.”

She look at him in surprise. Of course, Tang San can’t see her surprise as her expression was hidden underneath the hoodie’s shadows.

After a few moments of silence, Gu Qianhua spoke a serious tone for the first time, “Tang San, tell me…are you serious about your oath?”

Tang San and Xiao Wu was taken aback in her serious tone. Gu Qianhua was not seen her so serious before, this was the first time that she was serious to them.

Finally Tang San nodded, “I am.”

Her cold twin pupils of green and gold that was hidden in the shadows look at him, there was a hint of glow in the eyes then soon it faded.

Holding his hand to let go of her arm, she seriously said, “Brother, I and sister will be sad if you really died protecting us.”

Silence unfold, both of them look at her in surprise.

“…What?” He stupidly ask as if he’s hearing wrong right now.

“You.”

Gu Qianhua point her finger to him.

“You also need protection.”

Now he look at her in disbelief.

“No, all of us needs protection from each other.”

Gu Qianhua corrected her words. With a smile, she asked,

“Brother, isn’t it better that we could stay together to protect each other’s back instead you only?”

For the first time, Gu Qianhua smiled at them. Because of her upper face was covered in shadow, they can see her delicate lips rose.

Opening and closing his mouth many times, feeling speechless, he smile in comfort,

“You’re right, youngest sister.”

Xiao Wu chuckles, hugging Gu Qianhua on her side, happily said, “The youngest is right. Instead, we should protect each other.”

Tang San also joins in, hugging Gu Qianhua on the other side. Gu Qianhua knows that their emotions right now are chaotic, so she let them be.

She reach her hands on their heads, patting them with their faces hiding in her necks. Gazes went through the sky, to the stars in the sky that shines brightly in the endless darkness.

In all night, the three stays in the hilltop chatting and looking in the mesmerize world of the night. Tang San also gives them presents which is a weapon called sleeve darts and teach them, well, Gu Qianhua doesn’t needs teaching.

And Gu Qianhua, with her extraordinary hearing, hears Tang San’s silent oath. To be strong who can make his father proud, and to rise the Tang Sect in this world.

Well…that oath will be fulfilled in the future. After all…

Tang San is the future God.