Chapter 4

1. Which two statements are true regarding network security? (Choose two.)

Both experienced hackers who are capable of writing their own exploit code and inexperienced individuals who download exploits from the Internet pose a serious threat to network security.

Protecting network devices from physical damage caused by water or electricity is a necessary part of the security policy.

2. Which two statements are true about network attacks? (Choose two.)

A brute-force attack searches to try every possible password from a combination of characters.

Devices in the DMZ should not be fully trusted by internal devices, and communication between the DMZ and internal devices should be authenticated to prevent attacks such as port redirection.

3. Users are unable to access a company server. The system logs show that the server is operating slowly because it is receiving a high level of fake requests for service. Which type of attack is occurring?

DoS

4. Refer to the exhibit. What is the purpose of the “ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 cisco” statement in the configuration?

to specify a key that is used to authenticate routing updates

5. What are three characteristics of a good security policy? (Choose three.)

It defines acceptable and unacceptable use of network resources.

It communicates consensus and defines roles.

It defines how to handle security incidents.

6. Intrusion detection occurs at which stage of the Security Wheel?

monitoring 

7. Which two objectives must a security policy accomplish? (Choose two.)

document the resources to be protected

identify the security objectives of the organization

8. Which two statements define the security risk when DNS services are enabled on the network? (Choose two.)

By default, name queries are sent to the broadcast address 255.255.255.255.

The basic DNS protocol does not provide authentication or integrity assurance.

9. Refer to the exhibit. Security Device Manager (SDM) has been used to configure a required level of security on the router. What would be accomplished when the SDM applies the next step on the security problems that are identified on the router?

SDM will reconfigure the services that are marked in the exhibit as “fix it” to apply the suggested security changes.